Who goes to church

Options
so this is not a debate over religion lol putting that on the table.

But who all goes to church, more importantly who started going during a rough patch in their life?

I have been maybe less then 10 times before ... In my life... I was looking at just some non denominational. I'm going through such a rough time right now in my life, I feel like I need extra support and to make ome friends in a new place seeing as I how I moved here a month ago.

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well yes. . per the rules of MFP I will not get into a detailed discussion, but I do attend a non-denominational church. . if you ever need anyone to talk to. . you are more than welcome to friend me, message me . .. regardless. . I wish you the best of luck in everything.:smile:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Hey, I think it's a good idea to try church if you're feeling like it would help you. You can also look into various groups in your area. I see in your profile that you have kids -- have you looked to see if there's a MOPS group in your area? Www.mops.org has a search to find local groups. It's a great organization for moms. There are other mom groups too, both national and local. Your local library might have info about groups.

good luck to you!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't know how I would have made it through difficult phases in my life without my faith in which to lean upon. And, on the flip side, I don't know if the good times would be worth it if it wasn't for my faith in which to help me celebrate.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* ME!! :)
  • ginny1214
    Options
    Hey, I think it's a good idea to try church if you're feeling like it would help you. You can also look into various groups in your area. I see in your profile that you have kids -- have you looked to see if there's a MOPS group in your area? Www.mops.org has a search to find local groups. It's a great organization for moms. There are other mom groups too, both national and local. Your local library might have info about groups.

good luck to you!

Thanks for the site! I've been looking for groups to join :)
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Been going every week all my life, and it has always been a great help for me. Find a local church that you feel comfortable in, and give it a bit of time. I hope it helps find what you are looking for.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I could not get through the week without it!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I do not, however one of these days I'll find one to take my kids..

When they understand what it's about.
    RIght now they do not and I feel like a hypocrite taking them.

I asked them why the go(their father takes them) and they said "to color" I do not believe in taking them if they do not know why they are there.
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I also go to church ,I would be lost without him
    Toni
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Every week! We've got an awesome smaller church of prob around 100...but I love the family closeness! My son is 18 months and is only in nursery, but he has a lot of fun and is being raised in church.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I stopped going for almost 20 years. About 4 years ago I started back and now play an active part in the church.

Even though I stopped attending church, I had never stopped believing.
  • ginny1214
    Options
    My kids are 18 mos and 3.5 yrs old. Trying to get them a little interaction too as they aren't in daycare I'm at home with them minus gym
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    My kids are 18 mos and 3.5 yrs old. Trying to get them a little interaction too as they aren't in daycare I'm at home with them minus gym

I can understand that. That's about the age my kids started day care and they were ready and needed the interaction for sure.
    I hope you find a good one that you really like!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I go to church when i can. Been going to church for the last 18 years(i am 18) of my life.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    This will end up deleted but I do
  • ginny1214
    Options

I can understand that. That's about the age my kids started day care and they were ready and needed the interaction for sure.
    I hope you find a good one that you really like!

Thanks! I just feel lost and don't kow what to do. Just moved here from another state in with my parents (husband and I are separated/getting divorced). I feel like I need something, I don't have any friends here I'm just going to school right now.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    This will end up deleted but I do

YAY Mr. Awesome!!!! :D
  • ginny1214
    Options
    I don't get why it wold be deleted? I'm not talking about god or anything really, just asking if anyone goes to church
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't get why it wold be deleted? I'm not talking about god or anything really, just asking if anyone goes to church

because there are rules against posting about religion and the rule gets painted with a broad stroke. Don't stress about it. If it gets deleted, it's not a big deal.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I don't go to church much, but I like (non catholic/non evangelical) churches a lot!

I used to work at one every sunday ^^ But I didn't choose to work there, long story...

But I would like to start going to church once per week. I got into the idea when I was going through a very bad time in my life ^^

I didn't grow up religious, and actually attended church maybe once per year and a buddhist temple twice per year.

I really like both buddhism and christianity ^^
This discussion has been closed.