Eat this Not that

Options
Hey all, Has anyone read the "eat this not that" book? I found an ad for it in a magazine and it looks really interesting. Any thoughts before I buy it?:happy:

Replies

• cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have three or four of them and I am disappointed that I bought them. JMO though.
  • jezzi4ever
    Options
    I have a bunch of the Eat This Not That books. I like them because they're easy reads, and you can use them as a reference. I just bought the 2012 book. I haven't really combed through it too much, but I just like the style of the book. I also cook from the Cook This Not That book pretty frequently. It helps make little changes that make a difference, I think anyway.
  • CharNordie
    CharNordie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    go online, they have a ton just on their site. then you'll know if you want the book or not
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    don't have the book, but ti's from men's health and a lot of it is free on their website. it's basically choices if you eat out at chain restaurants or eat a lot of processed foods
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I downloaded it for my Kindle and really like it!! It opened my eyes to all the junk that's out there, and also how you can still eat out and make wise choices. Recommend!!
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It was given to me when I took a health training class at work. It's quite interesting, I wouldn't have ever bought it though.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i have 2 of them. they are easy reference guids if you are going out to eat but other than that i do not really use them. They are interesting to look at though and see how high in calories some foods that we think are "healthy" are! if you eat out a bit then it might be worth buying, otherwise i wouldnt buy it. (someone gave me mine) if you dont eat out much you can jus research calories on the web when you do
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    You might want to check out your local library too- Ours has it.
  • neil3125
    neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have the eat this not that handbook and like it, but the same people from men's health did the 'abs diet' which I think is a great read for nutrition/exercise tips. The whole plan is centered around strategies to help you stick with your nutrition plan, eat healthy foods, and be consistent. I might not recommend buying eat this not that, but i'd definitely recommend reading the abs diet.

neil
  • dreeminbigg
    Options
    I read them as if I had a test over them the next day. I just find them so helpful and entertaining to read (but that's probably because I'm in absolutely love with everything that has to do with nutrition). I sometimes use them as references for when I go out to eat to a restaurant, so I know the possibilities of what I can order and what I should stay away from. Also, the grocery store foods they have there are also a major help! I discovered Kix cereal and many other foods from just reading those books.
    Mainly I think they're a great help to people who want to start eating healthy (or healthier, I should say) and don't know how or don't know what to do!

I have one book of the Eat This Not That but I'd really like to have more.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yahoo often posts his column, which I find quite interesting. Today the topic was grading restaurants. Believe it or not, he gave Subway an "A" because of the low calorie and lower sodium choices they're offering.