Before & After.... for now

Options
I've been on MFP since January, but have never posted before - I'm such a chicken.... so here goes - this is my story. :smile:
A few positive changes in my life in the last 3 years had caused some not so great changes in my bod. My weight struggle started when I quit smoking 3 years ago, put on 15 pounds and didn't worry about the weight gain cause I was really focusing on not smoking and that was enough! Then I got pregnant with my son and again weight wasn't something I thought about. I wasn't suppose to eat anything and everything I wanted in those 9 months?! :blushing: When I had my son I was at 206 and for the next 6 months I wasn't really doing anything to lose and at Christmas time I thought I was lookin pretty darn good good. This first picture is from a family Christmas last year. I was about 170 and this picture is what made me decide I needed to make a new year's resolution to really work on losing weight.

180334_1751360579825_1113192693_1927730_7508881_n.jpg

I found this awesome site in January and worked really hard on counting calories, started the C25K program and busted my butt to get back into shape. Which is really hard when you work at a place where there are yummy treats like every week for one reason or another! I initially set a goal of 140 cause that's the weight I had been for basically all of my adult life. My husband challenged me to go lower "just cause you'll put back on 5 pounds once your done anyways" he said. Whatever!!! But I set my goal for 130 anyways... just incase he was right. I have been 2 pounds away from that goal for a while now, and am actually really fine with it! Not really focusing on logging the calories but still mentally keeping track. Anyways, this picture was taken last weekend and am really pretty happy with what I see. So 9 months and 38 pounds later - this is now:

100_196522.jpg

So that's it - that's my story. Thanks for reading! And GO BEARS!!!! :happy:

I'm crossing my fingers that I got these picture codes right, but if they don't show up, if one of you awesome people wouldn't mind fixing them I'd much appreciate it!!

Replies

• yalva1
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • NorthernCally
    Options
    Great job! And, thanks for sharing the motivation! It helps!
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    You owned your success!! way to make it happen, just need to talk about your football choice...
  • chocolattahottie
    Options
    you are hella sexyyy!!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look fantastic!
  • mattkosc
    mattkosc Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome job! I am glad that you shared your story, because you should be proud of your accomplishment.
  • kimbim60
    kimbim60 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring story thanks for posting!
  • wildbeal
    Options
    hey thats really good you really worked hard but let me covert you to the NINERS!!!
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome job!! I had to do a double take on your pics cause you look like a different person now. Congratulations.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
  • sryan8408
    Options
    You look AMAZING!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Great story! You've done a good job of losing those extra lbs. and should be very proud! Congrats and you look fabulous!
  • brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You've done fantastic! It's funny how you can see yourself in the mirror forever and not think anything of it, but you get a view in a picture that you don't like and it changes your world. I had the same thing happen to me!
  • syw7071
    syw7071 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi sammeg01 -- just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss and sharing your story. I too am a "chicken," about these sorts of things and am a newbie to the site altogether. Your story adds just a little more motivation in the pot for me and maybe one day I too will be posting a picture! :wink:
  • sammeg01
    sammeg01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the support everyone! It means alot to me!!!
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration!
  • MarsChallenge
    MarsChallenge Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You worked hard and now look GREAT !!!
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You look fab! Well not the Bears jersey! :)
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Good work!1
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Quick question how tall are you?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!