Taking a poll: A or B

Options
I'm trying to lose 1.5 lb/week. I've been ramping up my exercise and have over 3700 calories worth for the past week. I really put the pedal down today and burned 800 cals on the elliptical and 440 on other stuff. I normally stay below 1550 cals/day intake and never eat my exercise cals. The hard part is that I'm 58 (but heck, they were mostly fun) years old and the weight doesn't come off like it used to. Question: I have about 650 cals intake left for today with, um, 1240 exercise cals. Should I A) keep my pattern and keep dinner below 650 or B) eat some of my exercise cals (I don't think I could even force more than about 300, not really very hungry tonight). I'll wait 30 min or so to hear what you have to say. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Definitely A. You can easily have a great meal below 650.
  • RebelBrew
    Options
    A
  • A
  • JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Definitely A! What an accomplishment, too! Yay for you!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I would go with A -- especially if you're not very hungry. It doesn't make sense to me to stuff yourself just to meet a number. JMO :ohwell:
  • I'd say A. If you're not hungry, eat a healthy meal and be done! :happy:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    B for me - I always eat as many of my exercise calories as I can. I lost all my weight quickly and easily that way plus it still works great on maintenance, too. :drinker:
  • melmck2011
    Options
    B, you really should be at least eating part of your exercise calories back so your body continues to lose wait. PLUS you had a great burn and deserve to reward yourself :)
  • philsy1
    philsy1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm going with A here, mostly because I'm not very hungry and it's only a few hours until bedtime. Thanks for your input.
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Gotta fuel your body when doing that much exercise. Sounds counterintuitive, but I eat back my exercise calories and I lost 62 pounds. In order to keep burning, you gotta put in the gas. Good luck.