5.5kg on the scales but massive difference on the tape

Options
In the last 11 weeks I have lost 5.5kg (12 pounds) But I have seen a MASSIVE difference in the tape measure and in my before and after photos.

fromstart-1.jpg

OK so the differences in the photos are as follows

Time 11 weeks
Weight -5.5kg (12.1 pounds)
Arms -1.5cm (0.6 inches)
Bust -8cm (3.1 inches)
Waist -12cm (4.7 inches)
Tummy -5cm (2 inches)
Hips -6cm (2.4 inches)
Thighs -2cm (0.8 inches)

Replies

• skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Wow! Proof right here that the scale doesn't tell the whole story! Congrats!!
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    wow AMAZING! what are you doing?
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    from running!? Amazing job - I wanna run!
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    I have been walking, doing zumba at home, some of the 30DS (only done up to day 2 level 2, over about 4 weeks) a lit of kickboxing dvd by jillian michaels, and about 5 runs, but haven't ran for ages. I am going to start doing the C25K as soon as I go and pick up my treadmill hopefully next week.

I try to do 30-45 mins of exercise, any of the above, about 5 days a week. And I have been eating way more veges than I used to, more chicken and less takeaways.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Awesome job whatever you did surely paid off!!!
  • han38
    Options
    Looking good Tania! That really is a transformation - and the camera doesn't lie! And 12cm off your waist is brilliant. Incredible changes and just goes to show that we shouldn't get totally hung up on the numbers on the scales. Since joining the gym a month ago I haven't seen huge changes on the scales but I can see my body transforming before my eyes.

Awesome work - you look amazing and should be super proud!!!!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing, well done! :)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Way to go
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • tickletickle
    Options
    woah definitely!!! you look great!
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    Thank you tickletickle
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    WOW that is some difference go you!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    Thank you shnazzy
  • hssheikh
    hssheikh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you r a true motivation for pppl like me n others for whom the scale doesn't work most of the times! incredible obvious difference in the pics...keep it up! n thanks for sharing the pics and inspiring me and a lot of other people in here! :D
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    OMG! That is AMAZING!!!!
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    Thanks wutamunkee and hssheikh, It is kinda strange to think that I am the one inspiring people now. I used to look at photos like these and think "there's no way MY body can change like that" but it is obviously possible. You can do it too :)
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    bump
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    Oh me oh my you're looking good! I'm always so inspired to see huge inches lost when the scale doesn't move that much in comparison, amazing!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Holy moly! That's fantastic! Well done :)
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies, I am still kinda shocked by the changes, If it wasn't for the pics I don't think i'd believe it myself
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!