Stupid Orange Juice!

Options
I had no idea there were so many calories in OJ! It's supposed to be good for u. I coulda had a soda!

Replies

• TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I had no idea there were so many calories in OJ! It's supposed to be good for u. I coulda had a soda!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I love OJ! Buy the light OJ next time. it is just as good!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    lots of concentrated natural sugar in juices... eating the fruit itself gives us fiber and helps satisfy us much longer.:drinker:

just some thoughts on the matter of juice:laugh:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I always drink my orange juice, half OJ half diet 7-up. I love the flavor much better plus then it is only half the calories for the glass.
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    Yea- I also love oj and had to give it up. Definately go for the fruit, as unsatisfying as that sounds, after a while without juice it becomes more like a treat ;)
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I love having a cup of OJ in the morning so I just fit the calories in my daily routine.

Memaw
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I always drink my orange juice, half OJ half diet 7-up. I love the flavor much better plus then it is only half the calories for the glass.
    now that sounds interesting!!:wink::bigsmile:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    my husband HAD to stop at mcdonalds this morning, so i got OJ, thinking I was being good....
  • scaredofcoasters
    scaredofcoasters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about OJ. It's great for your body, and one glass, even if it puts you slightly over a calorie count, isn't going to ruin your diet. So enjoy that OJ! :)
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    OJ and VODKA< yuuumm!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I think the main thing to watch is portion size. A small OJ from McDonalds is probably 2-3 servings. A nutritionist once showed me what a serving of OJ looked like and it was TINY! It didn't seem worth it to even have a glass. :grumble:

I only buy LIGHT OJ if I do buy it, but it's rare. I LOVE the idea of Diet 7-Up and OJ mixed. That sounds yummy! Thanks for that suggestion!!

Oh...I have found that "cuties" (the little clemintine oranges) are 80 calories for 2. It's a great snack and I've been eating 2 a day for a month now! Mmmm