Wii games that make you work?

Options
I'm interested in hearing about wii games that give you a good workout. I've heard that wii fit plus isn't the most intense but there are so many other choices. What are you guys using and liking? What leaves you feeling like you worked out?

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Dance Dance Revolution!!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    EA Active.
  • trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    JUST DANCE!
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 or 2011!
    I love it! I can burn a couple hundred calories in 15-20 minutes! There are ready made circuits (Abs, Upper Body, Lower Body, Total Body 1 and Total Body 2) and you can create your own with modified reps (Jillian's are pretty intense for beginners).
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    EA Active.

How is the EA Active? I've been eyeing it up every time I'm in WalMart...
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Just dance and EA Sports Active 2.

Wii Sports Resorts has a variety of things also.
  • Carina116
    Carina116 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    UFC Trainer is a MUST have!!! I bought it last week for me and my boyfriend and let me tell you that it absolutely works! i LOVE it! I can feel it in my entire body! I heard that Biggest Loser works too but the UFC game deff tops it! I would recommend it 100%
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    myfitnesscoach 2 is kinda slow in there workout categories but they have 3 or 4 fitness tests that make a really hard workout (boxing, army, dance, ???). The best part is that I found this game for like $15.

I love Just Dance 2. If you really try to do all the moves you can work up quite a sweat! Bonus is that all you need is a regular remote.

also on the wii fit - it takes a long time to load between types of exercises but if you use the my routine thingy it speeds things up, plus there are some fun games like the obstacle course or riding a bike that get some decent playtime cardio in.
  • Carina116
    Options
    I have it for Xbox Kinect though but they have it for Wii also. Still a great game that you have to get!
  • Carina116
    Options
    I cant stress it enough because i love it so much lol but again UFC Personal Trainer is a MUST have! i recommend anyone with a Wii or Xbox Kinect system to get it for the Ultimate workout.
  • pb3693
    pb3693 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like the Zumba Fitness game for Wii. Even if you don't get all of the moves right you will work up a sweat. They have different routines and workout calendars based on your level at the time. I love it, even if I look silly while doing it :D
  • LydLyd22
    Options
    just dance and wii fit
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    EA Active.

How is the EA Active? I've been eyeing it up every time I'm in WalMart...

I like it. You can set goals like 4 day/week for 9 weeks. You can also do workouts specific to areas of the body, with general time lengths and/or at different intensity levels.

The heart rate monitor is pretty close to accurate. I've done it wearing my polar and the end count is nearly the same.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    Another vote for EA Active!
  • laurenmXD
    laurenmXD Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love dance dance revolution it really gets up a sweat and you dont feel like you working out at all. I can be on it for over a hour and not even realise and burn around 450 calories
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Zumba even though I can't do the moves I figure if I keep moving, it'll be ok, and it's a really good workout.
  • DeeDee8587
    Options
    Bowling, Boxing, and golf so far have helped my husband and me.
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the great responses!! I just ordered Zumba and EA Sports Active 2. Looking forward to their arrival!
  • annie41977
    Options
    I have the wii fit plus and enjoy it. I use it on my "off" days - tuesday & thursday. I'm burning calories while having a bit of fun. My favs on that "game" are the hula hoop challenge, boxing, and free run. I like to do the step aerobics too. I have the platform that goes with the wii fit board. Sometimes I'll add my weighted gloves to the workout too.

I am also using Biggest Loser challenge. I've been using it for a week and am challenged by it. Hence the name! I love that I have to face the scale and yellow line each week just like a contestant. I earn points for working out and being in the target area when I do each move.

I started this combo of workouts last week. Since then, I've lost 3" total. 1" on my neck, 1" on my waist and 1" on my hips. I say that's awesome!!