Sore muscles....

Options
Okay. For the past 2 days, my legs have been soo sore. :( I haven't worked out... should i wait until my legs recover? Or work out?

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Some light weight/cardio to improve the circulation can improve recovery. Make sure you're getting enough sleep and nutrition.
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Electrolytes & additional potassium help too.
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Work them out -- but, gently. I'd do some cardio, and then spend a LONG time stretching once I've warmed them up. Generally, I cure muscle soreness by using the muscles, more -- just not with high-resistance training. NOT using them is when they turn into knots.
  • kayleeblue
    Options
    As long as your sure you are not injured, work through it..I've walked over 20 miles this week, I'm sooooo sore. I will take tomorrow off just to regroup.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it could only make it worse but working through it is best. The soreness is always worst at first. But your body will adapt quickly. If you quit for a day or two every time you get sore you'll always have soreness. 120 some days in and every now and then ill get sore and nothing makes it feel better than working it and getting things loose. It doesn't have to be strenuous.

Keep in mind this applies to muscle aches from exertion. Sharp or stabbing pain could be injury. This is different.

I love it when im sore...it means I'm changing something!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to hydrate. Drink lots of water. Also stretching helps. Take a shower and cycle between hot and cold water. Get lots of vitamin B. Drink more water. Get a massage and then drink more water. If you're still sore try swimming instead, but don't drink that water because the 1st graders pee in it.