Over eating

Options
I have been using this for a few weeks now and this is my first post :). If you go over your calories one day do you just subtract those calories the next day? If not what do you do to make up for those extra calories if anything? Thank you!

10645581.png[/url]

Replies

• cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    If you go over common practice I think here is just to treat the next day like a new day and try to stay on track. It does take a while though to figure out a good plan and diet that works well. I would just look to see what you ate that made you go over or maybe look at your portions sizes and see what you can do to stay on track calorie wise.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    you will find all kinds of answers and here's the honest truth:

YOU must find what works for YOU

I calorie cycle (take the overage off the next day) or (eat my excercise cals the next day-2 days because I wasnt hungry after burning 2000 cals)

I workout to allocate eating the extra calories on the same ay.

and sometimes I just say screw it and start over tomorrow
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I begin every day as a new day. I try to avoid going over by planning out my meals ahead of time and exercising if I need to "earn" more calories. That being said, if I go over one day, I log it, but I don't subtract those calories from the next day unless I am intentionally zig-zagging my calories.
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    As was said prior how you respond will depend on you.

Personally when I go over I review my food choices and come up with a plan to avoid whatever happened next time. Did I get hungry in which case I need to plan for a healthy snack next time. Did I eat too much of something; I need to figure out better portion control.

Subtracting calories the next day isn't going to help in the long run you need to focus on building new habits which may be hard work but it shouldn't be confused with punishing yourself.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    If I go over...like I did tonight, I just start over the next day like normal. :)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    nope each day is separate
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    take this one day at a time.. If you go over forget about it.. As long as it isn't happening everyday you will be fine.. Everyone has an off day.. (some people call them cheat days) Good luck!!
  • jazzydebs
    jazzydebs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I over eat most days,I try not to but I just love food.I just start again the next day with the best intentions to stay on track.I have been known to exercise more so I can eat more as I'm desperate to lose weight and I have been,just soooooo slowly.

I try not to be so hard on myself and take each day one day at a time and make healthier choices.

Debs
  • Puckermann
    Options
    Over eating one day won't hinder your weight loss. As long as you stay consistent you will continue to lose weight.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    pretty much what every one said is right, lol. you will go over, we all do. the important thing is to be accountable and log your food, no matter if you go over. lying only cheats yourself. and it will probably balance itself out over the course of a week if it wasn't an extreme binge day. and the calorie jolt can be somewhat beneficial (if its not a huuuuuge surplus) in just confusing your body and metabolism. just go work out in the morning!!

i like to do at least a 20 minute work out a day, just so i can have a few extra calories to eat.