friendship relationship question

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
i am drunk so sorry if this makes no sense.

my friend told me she liked this one guy. at the bar tonight i danced with him because i was hoping i could push him to her. but then she left so i kept dancing. when we were walking home she told me she was mad at me. what do i do if she remembers this in the morning? do i say "okay, i want to talk to you?" and admit what i did? or do i see what she remembers before i bring it up? i tried to talk to her, but when we got home she slammed her door and went to bed.

Replies

• zoodalia
    Options
    To be fair I don't really blame her... I think dancing with someone your friend likes is unkind and hurtful. Judging by her reaction, I expect she will remember and I think you would be best being very apologetic and honest. If your intentions really were good, try and explain that to her.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    To be fair I don't really blame her... I think dancing with someone your friend likes is unkind and hurtful. Judging by her reaction, I expect she will remember and I think you would be best being very apologetic and honest. If your intentions really were good, try and explain that to her.

thank you for being honest. i feel so bad i am about to cry. being drunk is no excuse, i still did it. i am going to be honest and tell her the truth in the morning. she has been my best friend for three years now and i hate to ruin our friendship over this.
  • zoodalia
    Options

thank you for being honest. i feel so bad i am about to cry. being drunk is no excuse, i still did it. i am going to be honest and tell her the truth in the morning. she has been my best friend for three years now and i hate to ruin our friendship over this.

I think that's the best way, maybe she'll see how upset you are and realise you made a mistake. Good luck:)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'd apologize, bad form to go dance with someone your friend says they like...I'm sure she's fairly upset.