Drastic change in heart rate

Options
Hi all, I have a HRM that I use during every workout. I am doing the 30Ds and I am on day 14 (in between levels, it's not like I've started something new). Usually my working HR is around 170-174, 184 being the highest ever. Today during my workout my HR was over 200. What would cause such a drastic increase? What can I do about it? Should I be worried?

Replies

• oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This depends on your age and fitness level but at to a higher level as far as i can see by reading this article it might be counter productive..... read this and half way down the page their is a claculator

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson178.htm
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the article, but I know that my HR was way too high. I was actually worried about it and I am wondering what would cause it.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    Is it one with a strap? If so you may need to tighten it, or wash it, mine will do that sometimes if it looses contact with my skin.
  • jennarandhayes
    Options
    Is it one with a strap? If so you may need to tighten it, or wash it, mine will do that sometimes if it looses contact with my skin.

Yes, it has a strap. I tightened it the other day. I thought it may have been a problem with the HRM because when I first started to exercise it wasn't registering my heart rate, but then it kicked in. When I finished I found my HR the old fashioned way by finding my pulse and it matched what the HRM said. I guess I'll wait to see what happens tomorrow and make sure it is on correctly.
  • jennarandhayes
    Options
    Everything was back to normal today! It must have been the darn HRM.