Changing My Target Weight

Options
I've been thinking about changing my target weight to where I really wanted it to be. The # i picked was more for my moral, not actually where I want to go. But I was afraid to see that big of a weight loss need. Now that I'm working on it, the real target seems attainable, and I'm trying to decide if I should change my ticker, to be accurate, or count anything below the current target as a bonus.....

Replies

• TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I've been thinking about changing my target weight to where I really wanted it to be. The # i picked was more for my moral, not actually where I want to go. But I was afraid to see that big of a weight loss need. Now that I'm working on it, the real target seems attainable, and I'm trying to decide if I should change my ticker, to be accurate, or count anything below the current target as a bonus.....
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I've seen people on here have mini-goals of 10 pounds on their tickers, in which, they'll change once they make that goal. I've also seen the full weight to lose on the ticket. Both seem to be great tools based on the person.

What do YOU need? What would you rather see? What's your ultimate goal?
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I put the entire weight loss that I wanted. Well mostly. I like seeing that big amount of weight because it makes me want it even more. If I had 10 lbs on there I would be like not to much farther to go. But that is just me. I put down 150 lbs to lose. I actually would love to lose a little bit more than that but not more. That would get me down to 147 and after that I might try for 135. But mostly just to get under 150 is my goal for now.

Connie
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Connie, that's exactly where I'm at now. I have it targeted at 145 but I want 130 or 135. It may not seem like a big difference, but it's scary. I think I'm just gonna do it. In the interest of full disclosure and taking off the rose colored glasses.....and whatever other cliche would go there.
    Thanks guys.
  • smootalicious
    Options
    I totally understand where you're coming from. It's like the first step is seeing that something needs to change, and the second step is keeping it real. So let me just encourage you and say congrats on making it to the second step AND for losing 6 pounds already!

I think when we start something like this, it's hard to be honest with ourselves and with others. I also have a big weight loss need. The way I see it, we're all here for the same purpose, so if you wanted to change your ticker to be more "accurate", then go for it. If not, you can meet your first goal, and then make the real target your second goal. You have had success. If changing the goal is going to add more stress or if it's going to deter your weight loss, then I would hold off.

At the end of the day, do what works for you and what you would feel comfortable with!