Pedometer

Who all wears a pedometer on a daily basis, or some other type of step counter?

Just curious. I've worn one daily for the past 3 years.

Replies

• time2bhealthy
    time2bhealthy Posts: 211 Member
    I just started wearing one about two weeks ago. It helps keep me moving!
  • I would like to wear one. What brand do you have? How many steps do you aim for everyday?
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    What's the best kind? The one I have now doesn't seem very accurate... :flowerforyou:
  • BeckyV73
    BeckyV73 Posts: 69 Member
    I would like to wear one. What brand do you have? How many steps do you aim for everyday?

Mine is an Omron, the best one I've found so far. I always order mine from Amazon, the inexpensive ones at Target and the like usually don't seem very accurate. I TRY to get a minimum of 10,000/day and am usually successful. How about yourself?
  • BeckyV73
    What's the best kind? The one I have now doesn't seem very accurate... :flowerforyou:

I'm on our Wellness Committee at work and we give away Omron pedometers. It's the best brand I've found so far!
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    I have a built in step counter on my mobile phone. I measured it against an actual pedometer clipped to my waist and amazingly they are both the same.
    It doesn't matter if my phone is in my pocket or against my ear, it always records my steps. It doesn't give any calorie burn which is fine. As long as I get 8000-10000 steps a day I know I have walked 4 - 5 miles.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    may seem like a really dumb question, sorry, but why would anyone wear one? at the end of the day, if you've not walked as many steps as you planned, do you then go for a walk or something? i have never really understood the reason for these. thanks for info. :smile:
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    may seem like a really dumb question, sorry, but why would anyone wear one? at the end of the day, if you've not walked as many steps as you planned, do you then go for a walk or something? i have never really understood the reason for these. thanks for info. :smile:

Yes, if when I get home from work I'm only at 5000 steps (as happens if I dont go for a walk at lunch), I'll grab my BH and go for a brisk walk around the neighbourhood!!
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    i have worn one for the last 6 months. I use it as a guide to keep me active. i average 17000-18000 steps a day now but am happy with 15000
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 704 Member

My wife wears Fitbit and is real happy with it.
  • BeckyV73

Yes, if when I get home from work I'm only at 5000 steps (as happens if I dont go for a walk at lunch), I'll grab my BH and go for a brisk walk around the neighbourhood!!

Exactly. I like to know how many steps I've gotten per day and feel that I haven't been active to my potential if I don't get a minimum of 10,000 steps.
  • joyjoyotto
    joyjoyotto Posts: 15 Member
    I wear one Mon-Thurs. My goal is 10,000 steps. I use the Omron HG 303 and LOVE it. Fits into my pocket and can lie flat or in a purse. Very convenient for wearing to work or out and about without looking dorky.