A question for the 30 day shredders...

Options
Hello everyone! So, I completed my 6th day of the 30DS yesterday & this entire week I have went back & forth between a couple of pounds with no weight loss to speak of. Is this normal because I'm doing strength training which builds muscle? I was just curious if anyone else had the same results, or not. On a good note... I did measure last night & I have lost 4.5 inches, so it has to be doing me some good :)

Replies

• dsengel01
    dsengel01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I havent' take my measurements yet - will do that today. I'm on L1D7 and as of yesterday I was up 1.5 pounds. Grrrrr, but from what I'm reading on here that's not unusual. I'm just going to keep plugging away with the shred and logging in my food diary. I'm doing everything right so eventually the weight will drop too. Good Luck!!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Why do women hold the number on the scale as more important and motivating than losing inches? We are always wanting to "sculpt" our bodies and then when that actually happens we still pout because the scale hasn't moved :huh:

PS: not saying OP is pouting, just putting a thought I've had for a long time into words.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    This is really common any time you start a new strength training routine. It's not necessarily that you've gained muscle, but that your muscles are sore and swollen (retaining water). It'll go away after a little while, but in the mean time, great job on the inches lost!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    SORE MUSCLES=WATER RETENTION=GAIN ON THE SCALE.

SOLUTION: STAY OFF THE SCALE WHEN YOU ARE SORE. (done)
  • auntsteffy
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I know it's good for me & inches loss is definitely a good thing & I'm celebrating that victory! :)