Italian food NSV!

Options
I went out with a friend last night to celebrate her birthday and she wanted to go out to an Italian restaurant. I managed to not eat any of the bread put out on the table and ordered a salad (which tasted amazing!).

Keep in mind that I had made a cake earlier in the day and knew that I had already had some frosting and was planning on having more cake after dinner.

I don't think I have ever said no to a bread basket!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Baby steps. :flowerforyou:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    That's HARD! Good job! :D
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That's awesome--I consider that I huge victory (those free carbs on restaurant tables are my nemesis!) :)
  • kassied09
    Options
    Italian food is definitely my biggest weakness- good for you! I feel your pain :D Keep it up.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I did the same last week - i ALWAYS used to eat a ton of the bread, especially with minestrone!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Oh my gawd I'm not sure I could have done that. Way to go!
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That's great! Italian food is not just about pizza and pasta and bread. You have so many extremely healthy and tasty options from salads to meats. Way to go!
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Bread is HARD for me to resist and so is cake...LOL!!!
  • ConnieSG
    Options
    I am having spaghetti for dinner tonight and buying some bagette bread which my husband tends to eat a lot more than I do. In my opinion, he can afford to gain weight. He is 6'2" and weighs 160.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome. I don't think I would be able to do it. I actually cancelled going out with a friend who wanted to go to an Italian Restaurant. I decided to wait a while because I know I'll eat something other than salad. I'm just not that strong. SO GOOD FOR YOU!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!