Good Breakfast!

Options
VballLeash
VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
This morning I made something new and I really liked it so maybe give it a try! :smile:

Lightly toast a piece of whole wheat toast, then tear a small whole out of the middle, put the toast in a pan on medium heat or so, then put an egg inside of the whole. I left the yolk in there but I'm sure you could put just the egg whites in there. Then I just flipped it a few times; like having an over easy egg inside your toast! I'm sure you could get away with not toasting it first too because it toasted a little bit more on the pan, I then put a little big of smart balance butter on the toast part, let me know if you like it!

This was my first post, how fun! haha :tongue:

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    This morning I made something new and I really liked it so maybe give it a try! :smile:

Lightly toast a piece of whole wheat toast, then tear a small whole out of the middle, put the toast in a pan on medium heat or so, then put an egg inside of the whole. I left the yolk in there but I'm sure you could put just the egg whites in there. Then I just flipped it a few times; like having an over easy egg inside your toast! I'm sure you could get away with not toasting it first too because it toasted a little bit more on the pan, I then put a little big of smart balance butter on the toast part, let me know if you like it!

This was my first post, how fun! haha :tongue:
  • RandJsmomMary
    Options
    how funny I just did that but I did it a little different i made a sunny side up egg and but it on a slice of white bread and put a lit of butter on it it was awesome ready to work out lol
  • jbelldesign
    jbelldesign Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love that! I actually took that idea off of the movie V for Vendetta. It's sooo yummy! I make mine very similar...

Pepperidge Farm - Nutty Oat Bread, 1 slice - Cal 120 | Carbs 21 | Fat 3 | Protein 4 | Sodium 0
    Olivio - Butter (the best butter out there!!) 0.5 tbsp - Cal 40 | Carbs 0 | Fat 4 | Protein 0 | Sodium 48
    Egglands Best - 1 Large Egg - Cal 70 | Carbs 0 | Fat 4 | Protein 6 | Sodium 65

Total: Cal 230 | Carbs 21 | Fat 11 | Protein 10 | Sodium 113

Here's the trick, if you take out the center it's technically a half a piece of bread. Sometimes I cheat and eat it with the butter because that is my weakness (I treat myself that way) but most of the time i just throw it right away so I'm not tempted.

Directions:
    Butter both sides with that half tbsp (maybe less if you take the center out first). I also spray the pan with olive oil spray, in the center because I don't want my egg to stick. Put the bread in the pad and let it get warm, then crack the egg and put it in the center of that hole you took out. Once the egg white looks like it's cooking, flip it over and let it cook the rest on the second side. If you like the yolk a bit runny, don't cook it as long and then you can dip the edges of the bread in it that don't have egg on it. Probably takes 3-5 minutes max for the whole thing.

Yummy!! And it truly is filling. Try downing a huge glass of water first, if you're afraid it won't fill you up. Or have two of them, but take out the centers and don't eat it! Then only use egg whites. Still very low in calories!