RED TEAM.. 1/8

Options
Hello Teammates!

First, weigh ins need to be in to me by Wednesday afternoon (EST). I'll probably submit them all by 8:30.

Second, I will post a weekly challenge under 'Motivation and Support'. Just to warn you I can get a little competitive, so if I ever go to far please let me know! I think we should start the week by posting what our goal to meet the challenge for the week. Then check in when we have met the challenge.. For those of can't log-in everyday, do it when you can and keep us updated! From now on I'll also have them under the thread "RED TEAM~ WEEK 1".. that way it will be easier for us all to find!

OK, so for WEEK 1 (official)~ our challenges are:
4 days of 45 minutes of cardio
3 days of core/weights
Minimum of 5 glasses of water a day (this will go up each week until we get to 8~ my personal goal each day.)
Try 1 new thing this week (a new light food/recipe, excercise or something physical~ roller skating, ice skating, hang gliding, running, biking and share what you do!)

Sound good? Any additional suggestions for next week?

Replies

• jennifun
    Options
    Hello Teammates!

First, weigh ins need to be in to me by Wednesday afternoon (EST). I'll probably submit them all by 8:30.

Second, I will post a weekly challenge under 'Motivation and Support'. Just to warn you I can get a little competitive, so if I ever go to far please let me know! I think we should start the week by posting what our goal to meet the challenge for the week. Then check in when we have met the challenge.. For those of can't log-in everyday, do it when you can and keep us updated! From now on I'll also have them under the thread "RED TEAM~ WEEK 1".. that way it will be easier for us all to find!

OK, so for WEEK 1 (official)~ our challenges are:
    4 days of 45 minutes of cardio
    3 days of core/weights
    Minimum of 5 glasses of water a day (this will go up each week until we get to 8~ my personal goal each day.)
    Try 1 new thing this week (a new light food/recipe, excercise or something physical~ roller skating, ice skating, hang gliding, running, biking and share what you do!)

Sound good? Any additional suggestions for next week?
  • Bride092909
    Options
    Sounds great to me,

I'm in!

Go Red Team!

:drinker:

98244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfect!!

I'm soo excited to get this week going!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Michelle09
    Michelle09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Got it! :) GO RED TEAM! :glasses:
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is quite a challenge.

It will be very hard, but I will try to get 4 days of 45 min. cardio and 3 days of core/weights. It's difficult with my 60+ hour work week, plus 2 hour a day commutes, plus mom to a 2 year old and 10 year old.

QUESTIONS:
    1. Does Boot Camp count as cardio or core/weights or both?
    2. Does something that you haven't done in a very long while count as something new?
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! 1 45 minute workout down!
  • tamlom
    tamlom Posts: 49
    Options
    Sounds good! Thanks Jen
  • aodier
    aodier Posts: 42
    Options
    sounds fun and definitely do able! woohoo!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me, though I am planning to tweak the rules and make it a minimum of 5 30 minute workouts - getting a straight run of time is hard as I have an 11 week old baby and a 2 year old round my feet!

What are you all doing as strength training - this should be a real test area for me as I'm rubbish at it and tend to just do cardio :embarassed:

Water should be fine for me as I'm breastfeeding and meant to drink 3 litres (12 glasses!!) of water per day!

Something new will help keep it interesting too!

So today, am already at 9 glasses of liquid and haven't got to tea yet (its 7.30 pm here, I'm in the UK). Have done 30 minutes on the lateral thigh trainer so that's another tick. My somehting new is a pork and apple mash recipe that I'm trying tomorrow - is low-fat so hoping its a goodey! :bigsmile:

As an idea for next week, what about something like everyone has to do at least 50 sit-ups on 3 days of the week? Or similar???

ETA - is everyone else in the States??
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me, though I am planning to tweak the rules and make it a minimum of 5 30 minute workouts - getting a straight run of time is hard as I have an 11 week old baby and a 2 year old round my feet!

What are you all doing as strength training - this should be a real test area for me as I'm rubbish at it and tend to just do cardio :embarassed:

Water should be fine for me as I'm breastfeeding and meant to drink 3 litres (12 glasses!!) of water per day!

Something new will help keep it interesting too!

So today, am already at 9 glasses of liquid and haven't got to tea yet (its 7.30 pm here, I'm in the UK). Have done 30 minutes on the lateral thigh trainer so that's another tick. My somehting new is a pork and apple mash recipe that I'm trying tomorrow - is low-fat so hoping its a goodey! :bigsmile:

As an idea for next week, what about something like everyone has to do at least 50 sit-ups on 3 days of the week? Or similar???

ETA - is everyone else in the States??

I'm from beautiful Ontario, Canada
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    The challenge sounds great. Good planning Jen. Thanks for keeping up going:flowerforyou:

WE CAN DO IT!!!

:heart: GO RED GO:heart:

We can also do more if we want to right????
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Got my water in (well probably out by now, lol!) hehehe.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I also will be probably do 5 days of 30 minutes since thats how long my walk is now. Cant wait to see next week!
  • tamlom
    Options
    Did my water for the day; Yeah!:love: now going to the gym.

GOOD LUCK RED TEAM!
  • tamlom
    Options
    Of course you can do more than the challenge. The Challenge is the minimum goal for the week. :laugh:
  • laurynh925
    laurynh925 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Thank you Jen for getting this going:flowerforyou:

I was MIA all day sorry. I did get my cardio in this morning thou before the kids got up so I am good on that, need to still work on my water.:drinker:

:heart: GO RED TEAM:heart:
  • jennifun
    Options
    Yes, I was thinking it would be best if we did do more than the challenge.. so, do as much as you can.. maybe some others will be motivated by you!!

Also, I think something that you haven't done in a while counts as something new.. Will it be exciting and fun?

I'm glad everyone seems to think it is doable.. If it isn't, scale down a bit or alter it to fit you.. like the 30 minutes of cardio instead! Great thinking by the way!

Lastly, I have us all on an excel spreadsheet and I don't know how to do percentages yet.. I'll try to do a little bit of a tutorial before our first official weigh in.. Keep your fingers crossed! I wish that counted as my something new... I feel I should be burning calories LOTS of them!

Here is the official RED TEAM roster:
    Jennifun
    Renea101
    brookefoley
    kazzit
    laurynh925
    healthier4me
    fatty78
    gingermoon
    tamlom
    healthyinponca
    kmdougherty
    berrypatchdesigns
    RMONTGOMERY
    aodier
    amynvegas
    bride092909
    hollymires
    x_confused_x
    TWJSWEET
    tyme4me
    abetterme
    jdelisle
    shoppie
    foxyloxy
    karlaw
    candace51487
    prplangl4
    gustergirl
    michelle09
    alicawthon
    whim
    jjcunningham85
    angelaBeaulieu
    pingwhat
    mddowlat

Did I miss anyone?
  • aodier
    aodier Posts: 42
    Options
    Wow! that's a lot of team members and a lot of motivation. i have a quick question for you all... Should I still try to eat my excersice calories when i am full?:ohwell:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Shoppie I think I like your tweaking. It is still hard for me to do 45 min cardio. I am up to 30 but my knees just can't do more than that most days, but I definitely want to work up to it. So I will do at least 5 days of 30 min each and aim for 6. I use resistance bands for my strength training. You can get them at any department store. I got mine at Target last New Year for $2.50 for the long one and $1.00 for the short one. I also got a workout video for using them for another $1. If you go on Sparkpeople.com they will even design a workout for you and they have demonstration videos for each exercise. You can plug in what equipment you have and it will design a program for you or you can choose your own from the demo videos. The food diary and support are much better on here though. It is also completely free.

No prob with the water here! Got mine all in and still going. :drinker:

Amy