Just introducing myself

Mguilmot
Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. Let me introduce myself.
I am Mike, and I live in Belgium. I have been a food addict for almost all my life (since I was 7). I did a whole bunch of stupid diets and nothings seemed to work. So I started another one this February, thinking that it might be the good one this time.
And until now it seems to be. In a bit more than 7 months I lost 25 kg (55lbs). But for two months I got stuck between 20-22kg, until I found this website. At first I thought it was stupid to fill in everything you eat, for every day, until I found out my problem: I was not eating enough. I had a calorie deficit of 800 to sometimes 1000 per day. Since I started using myfitnesspal, about 3 weeks ago, I lost 6 pounds, I am eating right, exercising right, and I seem to burn fat like never before.
My change of life I started in february was just common sense: eating less fat, and exercise more, so I started doing 30 minutes of cardio every day, after dinner. I have been reading hundreds (if not thousands) of blogs, articles, websites, ... talking about how to burn fat, which exercises to do, etc. And I picked the ones that work for me. And now after 7 months I found the right balance :-)
Anyway, sorry for the long introduction :-)

Replies

• jazzydebs
    jazzydebs Posts: 7 Member
    Hi Mike and welcome.

This site is good,I have learnt so much about food,exercise and weight loss since being here.

Glad to hear your weight loss is going well :-)

Debs
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Welcome, Mike! I think your intro was just right! It's great that you figured out what your problem was. I think my husband has that problem, too, but he's not quite ready to get on here and track is diet like I do. He did walk a mile with me today, so it's a step in the right direction. Keep up the good work! Feel free to add me if you need a positive, motivating friend!
  • Welcome, Mike! I did the same thing and did a bunch of stupid diets and ended up messing up my metabolism. This website has been really helpful for me and I'm glad it's working for you too!

On a side note, I have always wanted to visit Belgium! But I think I would get fat there... all that chocolate! ;P
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Dark chocolate seems to be healthy. But I'm not a chocaholic. I hardly ever eat any :-)
  • I'm not a "chocoholic" by any means... but once I get those cravings, they don't seem to go away until I've had my fill. XD
  • Just introducing myself, how do I post without responding to someone else's post? And I am hoping that this 53 yr old lady can finally find a site or program that will get me back closely to where I once was -- thanks! Does anyone know where to find the calorie counter for certain foods on this site?
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    This is for deztwo. I don't know if there is a calorie counter or not on this site. I enter my food on the food tracker before I actually eat it to see what the calories, ect are. If it is too much or not worth it, I delete it out and try something else. Once you add the food to the food tracker, you can delete it off if you don't eat it. It is a red button on the end on the entry line. It helps me a lot. To our friend in Belgium - Welcome.
  • Thank you! Mimitime
  • Oh, think I might have found the place I am supposed to be.
This discussion has been closed.