spinach vs lettuce on a sub

Options

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I do Spinach on the Sub, PLUS I have them make my salads with Spinach instead of Lettuce. The Spinach has WAAY more nutrients in it than the Lettuce (so I've been told!):love:
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i HATE lettuce, i use spinach to replace lettuce in both sandwiches and salads :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I get spinach on my subs. I use it at home in place of lettuces as well, on burgers and stuff.

ETA: my husband and kids eat it that way too. Our "salads" at dinner are often spinach straight out of the bag. My mother-in-law was NOT impressed by this.
  • Darkness2120
    Options
    Spinach mainly because of taste and the fact the iceberg lettuce makes things soggy.
  • theberg
    Options
    Spinach is amazing, lettuce is bland... I like some flavor. (I eat both without complaint though)
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I go for spinach all the time now.
  • Fit4sure
    Fit4sure Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Spinach (for the vitamins) and lettuce (for the crunch)! I like both but if I had to choose one...it would probably be spinach. At home...I usually choose spinach on my sandwiches if I have any (or alfalfa sprouts!)
  • meowow
    meowow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Spinach has so much more to offer our bodies! Lettuce is OKAY but isn't as nutritional or as delicious as spinach (in my opinion!) but I do like lettuce to add to the crunch factor of a veggie sub.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I go with spinach. Has much more nutritional value than that shredded Iceberg.
    This.
  • mislmar
    mislmar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We love spinach on ours here. We have replaced lettuce with spinach on everything. I think it tastes sooo much better and is better for you. :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    We just put spinach on tacos.
  • Poupet
    Poupet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I load up on all the veggies at subway and skip the cheese. Lettuce, spinach, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers...you can't go wrong!
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I also get spinach in favor of lettuce when I can, more nutrients!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Grrrrr would love spinach, not available at Subway here in my part of the UK. :angry:
  • Puckermann
    Options
    I go with spinach. Has much more nutritional value than that shredded Iceberg.
    This.

We can end this thread here as we have now established that spinach is the healthier choice.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    The original poster didn't ask which was healthier, she was asking what we choose.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Spinach is good in eggs and mixed in at a 40/60+ ratio of spinach to iceberg or romaine in a salad but I find it's too bitter by itself so I would ask for it at Subway but just as a topping, not in the same quantity they add their lettuce.

That being said, Subway Canada doesn't offer spinach, we're still waiting for avocado too but the US stores I've been too even down south don't have BBQ sauce which is just weird. I'm a mustard person myself but poor DH misses his sauce while on vaca. Additional US perk, their chicken breast patty is on the $5 menu there and here it’s on the premium $9 menu, not fair! :)
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach all the way!
  • Davey2412
    Options
    :smile: That's what I had for dinner last night with green peppers and spinach
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I prefer the taste of the lettuce, but iceberg lettuce has very little nutritional value, so I'll often choose spinach instead. It's different, but not gross.

I also have spinach instead of lettuce on tacos.