ab muscles pushing stomach more out?

Options
So i have figured out after working out all this time, that maybe the muscles i have built up on my abs is pushing my stomach more out, . I am pretty skinny on the rest of my body but the middle part of my stomach just sticks out the more i work out, i am now thinking maybe i need to stick to a low carb diet and change my workout routine, anyone else have or had this problem?

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes! I noticed mine does too! I thought maybe I was just bloated or something but its not that its muscle!
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    I noticed that with mine too and now when I do my crunches I really concentrate on keeping my lower abs tight and flat. This has helped me, it's alittle wierd at first getting used to it and now I just do it automatically. Hope that helps:)
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Has your waist measurement (measured with a tape measure) increased? If so, you probably still have abdominal fat to lose. If not, then your muscles haven't increased in size much, you've just lost some of the over-lying fat and they're more visible than before.

It's also possible that your posture needs work to bring the pelvic girdle tucked under and avoid that "sway back"posture that appears to "push" your stomach out.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Are you using resistance weight? Like any other muscle, abs will grow when challenged with resistance.
  • spongela
    Options
    well i do body pump once a week and i workout with weights at home
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    While it is possible, I would tend to think the problem is more likely to be fat not muscle. I would guess you have either fat under the skin, or you have a lot of visceral fat which is under the muscle.
  • spongela
    Options
    yeah i have a little fat left on my stomach which is being pushed out more , the more i work out