to much exercise?

Options
Hey all, I am new. Have been trying to get 20lbs off forever. I work out about 4 times a week. I have a heart monitor so I track my calories burned. So.. each week I am burning about 3000 calories. working out is both a physical and mental thing for me. So I do not want to cut back.
It told me to burn about 900 calories per week when I signed up. I am not sure if I can eat the extra 2100 calories to keep up.. I can barely eat enough as it is.
Can I use those as my red wine calories? Or is that awful? :drinker:

Replies

• Rae22
    Rae22 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey all, I am new. Have been trying to get 20lbs off forever. I work out about 4 times a week. I have a heart monitor so I track my calories burned. So.. each week I am burning about 3000 calories. working out is both a physical and mental thing for me. So I do not want to cut back.
    It told me to burn about 900 calories per week when I signed up. I am not sure if I can eat the extra 2100 calories to keep up.. I can barely eat enough as it is.
    Can I use those as my red wine calories? Or is that awful? :drinker:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Shannon, where are you? lol...
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    what do you mean when you say "it told me to burn 900 calories when I signed up"? No matter how much you are burning, you need to make sure your body is fueled for that. It is possible to overdo things. You can use red wine for extra calories. Call it a treat. You can also use say... a cookie, a slice of cheese, a glass of milk, a handful of nuts a peice of chocolate etc etc, just make sure you're getting lots of wholesome, nutritious foods in before you turn to treats. And if you love working out, that's great, you're ahead of me already, :laugh:, just make sur eyou eat those calories back or you'll do more damage than good :flowerforyou:
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I agree with kerrilucko. You just need to make sure you are getting enough calories to fuel your body and build lean muscle tissue. Every time we workout our muscle tissue is broken down, in order to rebuild that tissue and new, stronger, muscles we need appropriate calories. Instead of using all those extra calories as "red wine calories" try to include lean protein, good carbs, and good fats. By all means, have the glass of wine, but eat some of those calories as well. The human body responds differently to liquid calories so it is important to get as many of our calories as possible from solid foods rather than liquids. However, soup is a liquid that the body does register more as solid even when it is liquified like tomato soup. Sorry if all this information is a bit random. Hope I answered your question.
  • Rae22
    Options
    thanks all! I meant that when I filled out my profile with my goals, it gave me an amount of calories to burn each week. Thats what I was going off of..
    And, yes I will eat healthy before drinking my wine. lol!
  • Rae22
    Options
    Oh, and thanks for the soup info! I had no clue!!