Do you workout everyday?

Options
So i notice on the exercise chart it says the goal is like 35 or 45 minutes a day and has another number for weekly total.

Am i supposed to be working out 45 minutes everyday? I started this week and went to the gym yesterday [weights and elyptical], am going to a Zumba class friday, and plan on going to the gym either saturday, sunday or both.

Is that enough? should I be working out more often.

Sorry, I just am a bit confused by the fitness logs.

Also if you eat all of the calories listed as your goal, are you losing weight? or are you just maintaining?

Thanks for any help.

Replies

• melissaag1984
    Options
    So i notice on the exercise chart it says the goal is like 35 or 45 minutes a day and has another number for weekly total.

Am i supposed to be working out 45 minutes everyday? I started this week and went to the gym yesterday [weights and elyptical], am going to a Zumba class friday, and plan on going to the gym either saturday, sunday or both.

Is that enough? should I be working out more often.

Sorry, I just am a bit confused by the fitness logs.

Also if you eat all of the calories listed as your goal, are you losing weight? or are you just maintaining?

Thanks for any help.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    In your goals section it asked you how many times you plan to work out. It defaults at 3. I do workout every day, some harder than others. But at least get some movement in.
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    So for now you think 3 or 4 days a week is ok. I am a full time student and work part time so my schedule limits what i can do. For example I have class from 9 am until 9 pm tuesdays and thursdays, so those two days are out.
  • scaredofcoasters
    scaredofcoasters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you like going to the gym, do that a couple times a week. For the rest of the week, exercise during something else. If you watch TV, try jogging in place or doing some jumping jacks, instead of just sitting around. If it's not far from you, walk to work or class. My bank is about a mile away, so sometimes I'll walk there. Find things you like to do that are also healthy, as well. For instance, I like shopping with friends, so walking around a mall is great. One thing I do is when I go to a store, I park in a spot far away from the store. It doesn't take that much longer to walk between the store and your car, but every bit helps. And if you need some extra exercise, just do a 10 minute workout in the morning or night, when nothing else is going on.
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    yeah I live in boston so i take the train to class but walk from the stop to my school and work to the train, etc...

it seems so weird to input daily things that I do because i have to as exercise, haha. Thanks for the help.

i wish I could do all of my exercising by walking around a mall, but My wallet couldn't handle that either, haha!

i am going to try to mix things up, you know the gym a couple days a week, a Zumba class, dance classes every other week...I just have to keep myself motivated by doing things I like. For instance I hate the idea of running, so i am going to try to work other things into my routine.

You guys are really great and helpful!
  • Michelle09
    Michelle09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do what is realistic for my schedule and my body. I go to the gym 5 days a week now...3 days are weights/strength training with 30 min of cardio. The other 2 days are straight cardio for 45 minutes, then I rest 2 days. Oh, and one of those days is with a trainer...so I feel that is good for me at this time. I plan on adding some classes on those cardio days. I also wanted a plan that I know I can stick to long term. I think you have to what work for you and your life...at least 30 mintues is recommended..and you can break that up into 3 10 minute workouts. Keep up the hard work!:wink:
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    i am in the same:happy: situation (school / work) so everyday i am at campus... my office or class from 6:30 am to 8pm and then homework begins... needless to say i am not up for waking up @ 4:30am to go to the gym and after work / school i am completly drained.... so my first goal was to walk 3 days a week for 30 minutes at lunch... now my bf and i have a puppy so i get out for walks more often.... but i think 3-4 days per week is a great start.... you may also want to try some DVD workouts ... Jm 30 day shred is really good! good luck!!!:happy: :happy:
  • terraw
    terraw Posts: 40
    Options
    i am a single mom of three so unfortuntely gym time for me is hard to come by, so I do tae bo (min 45 mins) at least 6 days a week. the 7th day I try and at least go for a walk or just do a 25 min moderate cardio with weights.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I work 8a-5p Monday - Friday. I eat 'right' M-F. I work out on my lunchbreak M-F. It's routine and easy for me to follow. My weekdays are monotonous but easily managed.

I take the weekends off (although I try to eat reasonably). No planned meals, no planned workouts. Weekends are too hectic.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week, I try to have a "rest" day but I normally end up doing something (light jog/swim/bike ride) but nothing to hard.
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days M-S with one off day which is Sundays! I might do a cheat day on a Saturday but thats not too often! I havent weighed in yet or checked my measurements as of Dec. 15th