Cozumel Mexico

Options
Hi! has anyone been to Cozumel? If so where do you recommend staying? were looking at Allegro Cozumel in the first week of January. Any input would be appreciated!!

Replies

• nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi... So I have never been & sorry i don't know where to suggest you stay... However I had to reply because we just booked a NY's Eve Cruise for that first week of Jan and one of our stops is Cozumel! Too funny - but we both have good incentive to keep doing well right? Good luck with your plans and have fun!!!
  • cre8freedom
    cre8freedom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a travel agent and the Allegro is ok but it also depends on what kind of quality you are looking for. If you want to send me a message with what your budget is, dates, etc I could take a look for you and see what I would recommend! And also it depends if you are taking children or not so let me know!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Cozumel Palace: http://www.palaceresorts.com/resorts/cozumelpalace

My best friend and I went there when we graduated college and had a blast. Even though we were 21 (and you don't get a lot of respect at that age), we were catered all the time, the hotel staff showed my best friend and I are the island, SO much fun. And like so many resorts, it's all-inclusive with drinks, no tips, etc... Loved it!
  • Bunnyboo82
    Bunnyboo82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The oocidental is really nice. You must go snorkeling on the reef in cozumel. It's the best snorkeling i've ever done any where!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I've been but it's been a long time, 8 years or so. We stayed at the Fiesta Americana. We enjoyed it.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I just got back a few weeks ago from Mexico!
    I know you said Cozumel, but I was in Cancun. If you are interested I could give you information about our resort. It is all inclusive and adults only. My husband and I stayed at Secrets Capri. Send me a private message if you want me to give you more info about it. (I am really bad with coming back to forums to check for responses.)
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    Been 4 times. Occidental and Fiesta Americana are great. Allegro is OK. I went for diving, so if you are not a scuba diver, snorkeling is a must. If you are a diver, you will love the walls. If you snorkel the shallow reefs at Palancar and Cedral are just lovely. Santa Rosa wall was my favorite wall dive and Maracaibo was awesome just for it's depth : )
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Depends on why you are going. I've been to Cozumel over 10 times...I'm a scuba diver as well.

Also depends on what kind of experience you want. The last couple of times we've stayed at The Reef Club because friends of ours have a time share and we did not have to do the all inclusive. I don't care for all inclusive because I love to explore the restaurants. (Two favorites are Casa Dennis on the square downtown and Kinta which is a block off the square on Fifth.) The Allegra, Reef Club and those are far away from the town but near the beaches and the diving. If you want to explore town you'll need a car or taxi. We have also rented a house in town which we liked as well. We would go to the grocery store and buy food and drinks and only eat out once a day for dinner (after the cruise ships have left).

Any other questions I'd be happy to answer...just message me. If you're not certified to dive yet, I highly recommend it. It's a BLAST!
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just like someone else said, I'll be on a cruise the first week of January and Cozumel is one of our ports! :)
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    The oocidental is really nice. You must go snorkeling on the reef in cozumel. It's the best snorkeling i've ever done any where!

I stayed at Occidental and loved it!! The snorkeling is fantastic to:)
  • kimberly130
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Just like someone else said, I'll be on a cruise the first week of January and Cozumel is one of our ports! :)

Now, if that isn't incentive, what is, right? That's awesome - is it your first Cruise? This is ours, so it's very exciting!!