Plateau or not? I thought being in your 20s was easy to lose

2»

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Are you eating enough ?

So now we can figure out where your goal should be.
    Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

i'm 5 ' 4 163lbs 9age 50) now have my calories set at maintain my currant weight and i'm losing slowy but surely! i was not loosing anything on 1300 or 1400 so decided to maintain for a while and see what happened and i'm loosing ! bear in mind my activity is set at sedentry... i eat 1690 cals most days more if i exercise its about finding what works for you.

good luck on your journey
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    I think I ma start having an open diary.. The problem is that I am so busy in school I forget to sometimes but I do keep it all in a journal (I just kind of started this journal) I believe that for the most part I eat moderate portion and fairly clean. Every now and then I may eat something extreme like Italian food.. Which I absoluelty would eat it whenever I could but I cut that down drastically. I like the "zig zag" advice. About varying your workout.. I cut out strength training because I use to be an athlete so I sort of have that really toned look just with extra flab now so i try not to do so much of it buy you and others have encouraged me to continue with it as it has burn fat. I will look into my BMI and other tool to see how many calories is right for me. Thanks everyone again. Feel free to add me I am always asking anyone for weekly advice and continuous motivation. I really want to lose this weight by my birthday/graduation next May. I feel I need to lose this before I start graduate school next August. Thanks again everyone