What to do with extra energy?

Options
I know this is going to sound pathetic, so I apologize from the start. But since I am not stuffing my face and I am actually moving a lot more, I am not lethargic and tired all the time anymore. This is very good, but what the heck am I supposed to do with all this new found energy? I'm pacing my exercise, and I don't want to overdo it, since I am still in my first month of this lifestyle change. And I don't particularly WANT to exercise more right now. I can't think of anything I really want to do. Before, I could take a nap or play computer games, but I'm not sleepy at all. I am finding it harder and harder to sit still. Is this normal? Can anyone give me ideas? I mean, what have you done with your extra energy?

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I can safely say I have never had this problem :laugh:

But if I did, I would walk the dog more, wash the car more, clean the house more and do a lot more at work!
  • Blackdog2001
    Options
    Sounds like you could extend your exercise 15-20 minutes to help you with the extra energy. Also you could apply it to a new hobby that gets you out doing things you may not have done in the past (e.g., kayak, scuba, swim, shop, play).
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a very low impact exercise for this late.. yoga or pilattes
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    What a wonderfully, odd problem to have. LOL. Take a walk with your kids or just take a walk.