Way under on calories.. What should I do?!

Options
Hello!

I am supposed to eat 1,350 calories a day. It's been a busy day and its 8pm and I've had 776 calories for the day. I need to eat 544 more.

My hubby tells me just to be in a deficit for the day. That one day won't put me into starvation mode. My sister wants to go for ice-cream.

I don't know what to do. I don't want ice cream (haha) but I don't know what to eat.

Help!

Replies

• karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    walnuts! :)
  • TaraTLC83
    TaraTLC83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Don't have any! But they would be yummy if I did!
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Don't believe the "starvation mode" stuff. One day is not going to make your body scream "Oh No I'm starving". Take the deficit.
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm with your husband. Eat if you feel hungry, and make it something healthy. If you're not hungry, don't worry about one day. Starvation mode is only an issue if it's day after day after day.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    One day isn't a big deal. A lot of people zig zag on purpose. If that happens to me and I just don't feel like eating, I don't make myself. I just try to balance out over the next couple of days. Oh, and a spoon full or two of peanut butter would do the trick in a jiffy if you feel like it.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    i say one day wont really put you in starvation mode.....but if you wanna eat what about a pb and j...its probably around like 300 calories
  • perceptualobfuscator
    Options
    I find that if I don't eat close to my full amount one day, I'm just extremely hungry the next day. That makes it even harder to eat healthy.

Eat some more, but don't stress about eating your full amount. I recommend any kind of nuts, peanut butter, a quick sandwich, or even a treat. Or have a couple pieces of fruit. The extra vitamins won't kill you, and it won't be time-consuming to prepare.
  • TaraTLC83
    TaraTLC83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think I'll eat some peanut butter and a banana. Thanks for all of your advice!