I survived Disney World

I just got back from a week at WDW. I went in trying to eat like I eat at home, but that did not work. So many yummy things. I just gave in and said, "Heck, I am on vacation, I am going to enjoy myself". So I pretty much ate what I wanted, without stuffing myself. I only worked out one day, but we did a lot of walking in the parks and around the resort. Not just slow walking, but a pretty good pace. We even rented a 4 person bike and did some hills.

Well, it turns out that I actually lost weight, according to the scale. But I will leave that type of eating for vacation. Thanks to everyone for the good pre trip advice.

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    WOW!!!! wtg!
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    You should get a medal
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Great job in losing! I went in June and didn't gain at all because of all of the walking, in spite of the fattening food that I ate!
  • kyliecakes0405
    kyliecakes0405 Posts: 73 Member
    Vacation and weight loss! WoW - great job! The Florida heat is workout enough sometimes :happy:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    What a nice surprise!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    That's so great!!! People don't realize that an occasional splurge is ok and that you don't have to suffer while losing weight! It's all about moderation... Congrats!
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    That's great! I'm headed there in three weeks and a little worried about gaining. I plan to enjoy myself, but not go crazy. Glad to know it's possible! Good for you!
  • egdanger1
    egdanger1 Posts: 59 Member
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement!!!! MFP rocks!!!!
  • Rosie•Cheeks
    Rosie•Cheeks Posts: 7 Member
    I just got back from Disney too! We stayed a week as well. It sure was hard to eat healthy & exercise! What resort did you stay at?
  • egdanger1
    egdanger1 Posts: 59 Member
    We stayed at the Yacht Club. We had such a good time. You are right, it was so hard to eat right and exercise. I tried on the first day. That did not work out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!