A Day in the Life

Options
I'm looking for great ideas to get more exercise into my day. I've got a pretty standard routine, as follows, and would love anyone's ideas on how to fit in more activity. Weekends are MUCH easier and I manage to get in quite a bit more exercise, but I know it would be better overall if I could add in some more during the week. I'm just exhausted every day and think I may have a mental block for coming up with new ideas for myself.

Weekday Routine
4:30 AM - Alarm goes off, fall out of bed, leash up the dogs and go for a quick walk
5:00 AM- Home again, shower, dress, get the rest of the household out the door and myself to work
6:45 AM - At work, breakfast. Limited breaks and time for lunch, usually work frenetically and take lunch at my desk. I absolutely could not take time to go to the gym at lunch. I've considered lunchtime walks - perhaps once it cools off and I wouldn't sweat like a pig - but not entirely sure this would work for my workday schedule.
4 PM - Leave work, pick up groceries as needed or run other errands
5:30 PM- Clean up the house, return phone calls, usually log in and do a little more work
6:30 PM - Make dinner, enjoy an hour or so with the family
8 PM - Take the dogs for another walk, pack tomorrow's lunch, catch up on personal emails, MFP, etc.
9 PM - To bed. If all goes well, get 7 hours of sleep (but I really crave 8 hours a night)

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Could you start doing interval running/walking with your dogs? This would get your heart rate up more.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Lol you were serious about posting...

I have a very standard routine daily too... The only thing I do different is I do interval walks that I have programmed into my phone (sprintgps app)

I also got a walking magazine that suggested different routines to keep you motivated. That's helped too!
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My only two suggestions are ..when you get home and clean up the house etc, could you squeeze a 20 min workout in there? 30day shred is about 25 mins with stretching. Then in the evenings either do some walk/jogging with your dogs, or do some park workout stuff on the walk, I some women the other day doing high step lunge like things on park benches and stuff :)
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe you could fit the gym in twice a week instead of shopping/housework and twice a week instead of family time. That way you still do everything you need to just not every day?
  • Dizneylvr1971
    Options
    I'm not sure how old your children are, but during family time, could you all do an active family activity together? Go to the park and throw a frisbee around, take a bike ride, go swimming, etc. Kind of killing two birds with one stone?
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Try doing all errands on the weekend, when you have more time. I also make a menu for the whole week and go food shopping on Sunday. I may go later in the week if I need fresh veggies. This has really saved me time after work. And I also cook larger portions and have extra time at the end of the day when we have left overs.