Who fills in their diary for the next day??

Options
Does anyone else fill in their diary for the next day? I do it religiously as it keeps me right and I know what I can have and when, and plan what to cook/take out of the freezer. Planning ahead has been key for me as it stops me eating the wrong things. I am just interested to know who else does this. If you don't do it, this is my top tip for the day :happy:

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yup, I do this almost every day.... and if I'm not sure what we're having for dinner (like when my husband was off work and cooking every night) then I will put in 600 quick add cals as a "place holder" so I can plan the rest of my day as usual.
    Usually I put in my breakfast, lunch and dinner first then work out what snacks I need to get me to about the right amount of calories.
    Once it's in there I will adjust it if I need to (like an unexpected treat at work). By planning ahead I never end up posting "help I have only 150 cals left for dinner" or "I have 1200 cals to eat in 1 hour before I go to bed".
  • M12e31g
    Options
    I just started doing this. As I am packing my lunch and snacks for the next day, I put it in my diary. It helps me choose what to bring to keep in line with my calorie and nutrient goals. Dinner I like to plan ahead but that can change depending on if hubby gets home first and starts cooking, but at least I have balanced most of my day.
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Options
    I do! It helps me to stay on top of everything. It helps me make any needed adjustment to avoid going over if necessary. I like doing it this way :)
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who did this. Lol, but it is very helpful because I calculate how much fat I'm going to be eating and it really does keep you from side tracking and eating the wrong things.
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    :smile: Yes I do too, I find it saves time and keeps me on track! I haven't been doing it as much lately so thanks for the reminder
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i don't always do this but a lot of times i do. It helps me plan better, If I am eating out especially. I know what I am going to have a head of time and know how many cals it is. I usually won't even open the menu so i am not tempted lol
  • carlarikin
    carlarikin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If I don't do it the day before, I do it in the morning. It helps me stay on track. :)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I do that way i can keep on track
  • rhiannonchallans
    Options
    Heck, I fill it in for the week if I can
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    never,I always do throughout the day or the end of the day- but as I'm reading the other posts, It sounds like a good idea..
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I do it sometimes, and then end up swapping stuff out the next day because I change my mind and want THIS instead of THAT. It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind, and I do!
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Heck, I fill it in for the week if I can

Haha! Me too..sometimes if I know I am having a night out on a Friday (which I have reduced to once or twice a month now until I break the back of this) then I work out a few days in advance how many calories I have to lose so that I can have a couple of drinks (or cocktails if I'm very good!) Or if we have friends coming to us I work out what I can make them well in advance.
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are pretty much an organised bunch!! Sometimes I don't stick to it exactly either and have to edit throughout the day but I find the rough guidelines a huge help! :)
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I just started, but my moods change. I don't know exactly what I'm going to want to eat the day before.
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    never,I always do throughout the day or the end of the day- but as I'm reading the other posts, It sounds like a good idea..

Same here!
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do it in the mornings for the whole day and then can add in a few things as they crop up - like coffee with a friend.

I find it helps me stay on track so much better!
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do the week ahead at the same time as I am doing my online grocery shop. I meal plan for the family as it saves us money, plus I can balance my meals across the week according to the days I know I can work out more etc.
    If I didn't I'd end up spending more and I wouldn't know how many snacks I could have during the day.

I am such a mum.
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I do mine at least a day ahead. It does help me get an idea of how much calories I will eat for that day...it may change a little by dinner but doing this helps me stay on track.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I do mine on the fly, I have the iPhone app so that helps. I could probably do this since I usually eat the same things everyday, but I usually stay under my calories, so I'll still do it on the fly.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I am currently zig-zagging my cals...so on my low days (1100, 1100, and 1000) I log it ahead!!! So on Sat I entered in Sun-Tuesday (my low days)! this insures that I get enough food, and nutrients on my low days instead of just guessing on the day of!