I need ideas

memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
edited September 19 in Recipes
What can you make with 97/3 ground meat that is low in cals?

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member

Memaw
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Brown hamburger, drain fat (little bit there will be), add some salsa..............

Serve over a bed of lettuce with a little cheese on top.............

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, taco salad
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    My Chilli! :) Its under the food database as 'MJ Delisle Chilli' and under the recipe message board as the same.

TamTastic posted a really awesome sounding meatloaf recipe there too.
  • Pita pizzas; take whole wheat pita bread add marinara sauce and then add your toppings; spinach, chopped tomatoes, diced bell peppers, artichoke hearts, ground beef and low fat cheese- then stick them in the oven at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes. They are great tasting and low fat.

ground turkey and ground buffalo are also great lean meats that works in place off fatty hamburger.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    I buy that a lot. I make whatever I want and then just watch the portion size. I don't make a lot of "casserole" type things so offhand, don't know of any recipes so to speak. Spaghetti comes to mind of course. I just enjoy a burger patty or meatloaf is yummy.

Some folks will come along with ideas. Plus, you can enter ground beef in the database and maybe find some "entries" from others that have put together recipes:)

God bless, denise:)

Memaw
This discussion has been closed.