What is Zumba listed under?

Options
In the exercise database? I can't find it, and I know it must be there because it is very popular. I want to know how many calories I burned for Zumba cardio party CD which is 50 minutes. It didn't seem very intensive to me, and I thought I wasn't sweating, but my friend said she could see sweat on my forehead at the end. But I bothered to drive all the way out there, so I want to know for my trouble.

Replies

• caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I had the same question a couple of days ago - a member helpfully pointed me in the direction of a Zumba Calories burnt calculator on the web that takes into account weight, intensity, minutes etc. don't know what it was now, but just google it

:)
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I put that the Zumba was low intensity and that it was only 40 minutes instead of 50, and it came back with that I burnt 441. I just didn't feel it was a good workout off the Zumba Cardio party DVD, and there was lots of breaks in the DVD while they did fancy screen cuts which was annoying. I much prefer a live instructor that doesn't stop moving.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I prefer to do it in a group with a live instructor too - much harder to slack off :/
  • LaurieRny
    LaurieRny Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wore my pedometer for one class to see howmany calories I burned in the hour I did it and then I added a exercise for Zumba - 60 mins - 540cals. xx
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I would log it as 'dance, general'. It's not as high intensity as aerobics.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I put that the Zumba was low intensity and that it was only 40 minutes instead of 50, and it came back with that I burnt 441. I just didn't feel it was a good workout off the Zumba Cardio party DVD, and there was lots of breaks in the DVD while they did fancy screen cuts which was annoying. I much prefer a live instructor that doesn't stop moving.

Hiya, I got the Wii Zumba game after a few people recommended it and I was an absolute state after, in twenty minutes there were no breaks. I did 'easy' for 20 minutes and I was dying. I really did feel like I had exercised!
    Might be an idea if you've got a Wii.
    And the link is
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/