Arrrrrr, I be mightily disappointed in ye all!

Options
Geordie_Girl
Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
I be gravely dismayed to be doin' a forum search on this hallowed day, and t' find not a single mention of piratical speak! Ye all be the biggest bunch of bilge rates I ever did see!

I'm away t' drown me sorrows with a bottle o' grog and console mesel' in the fact that this be primarily a site fer those across t' sea and ye be still in yer stinkin' pits!

Avast, and happy International Talk like a Pirate Day t' ye all!

Replies

• PBJunkie
    Options
    I be gravely dismayed to be doin' a forum search on this hallowed day, and t' find not a single mention of piratical speak! Ye all be the biggest bunch of bilge rates I ever did see!

I'm away t' drown me sorrows with a bottle o' grog and console mesel' in the fact that this be primarily a site fer those across t' sea and ye be still in yer stinkin' pits!

Avast, and happy International Talk like a Pirate Day t' ye all!

4340572485_confused_pirate3_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Well shiver me timbers, it b'aint be talk loik a pirate day already, be it?

Cap'n Beatrice Keelhaul at your service.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Garrrr!

Many moons ago down in the deepest depths of Cornwall there be a competition to have the most pirates in one place. There be nearly 9000 of the swash buckling fiends there and they broke the world record.
  • Geordie_Girl
    Options
    If ye be wantin' a laugh, cast yer eyes o'er this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74pUaRQUzi8 It be makin' me cry with laughter!
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    there be a lot o' buccanneers in watford but nay in th' way o' capturin' ships but we will drink plenty o' rum

:drinker:
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    Arr its buccanneer tide alstarboard beware MFP as we be commin' on board me heartys
    ye bilge rats arrr.:explode:
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    Funny story: My brother wears an eye patch due to an injury (that's not the funny part) and is 6' tall. One day he was in a store and a little boy came and stood before him, looking up at him. My brother looked down and said, "AYE, MATEY!!" The little guy took off so fast all you could feel was the breeze!! :laugh:
  • Geordie_Girl
    Options
    Funny story: My brother wears an eye patch due to an injury (that's not the funny part) and is 6' tall. One day he was in a store and a little boy came and stood before him, looking up at him. My brother looked down and said, "AYE, MATEY!!" The little guy took off so fast all you could feel was the breeze!! :laugh:
    :laugh:
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Avast behind!

yes the old ones are the best.
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    my hubs and i are obsessed with pirates (after watching a few too many episodes of happy tree friends), so here's 2 stories...

a few years back we went to our local old time pottery to get a fire pit for my brother's birthday gift. they called up a stock guy to show us where the boxed ones were and when he arrived, he had a hook instead of a hand. as we followed him through the store, i kept whispering "yaaar" to my hubs. we couldn't stop giggling.

just last night (technically today since it was after midnight), hubs was complaining that his foot hurt and we were gonna have to amputate it. when i told him we could fit him with a mini peg leg, he thought i got a wee bit too excited about the possibility.
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    Avast behind!

yes the old ones are the best.

Arr beware you don't get ye rowlocks taggled up ye will be smartingo the poop deck arr

or somthing like that