Office pranks - GET IN HERE PRANKSTERS!

Options
I need epic ideas to prank 4 new colleagues starting tomorrow.

So this is what I have on my list so far...

Keyboard keys and mouse in jelly...
Everyone-Should-Do-the-Jelly-Mouse-and-Keyboard-Prank-Office-Pranks_-eOSd_0.jpg

Upside down screen...(Surprised how many people don't know how to fix this so they try to google it with their head upside down...)
april_fools.jpg

Post'its
postit.jpg

Will also use a bluetooth mouse to interfere with their interactions on the pc thinking their mouse is broken.

Wrote a small app to open the cd tray at random times.

Save a screenshot of their desktop and put it as their background and hide their icons, always a good laughter to see the person clicking on the image which he thinks is the icon.

If you have any ideas or opinions on how to improve this, please share them with me..

Replies

• awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i got through the office and take everyones "mouse balls" :-)
  • PBJunkie
    Options

Awesome I added that to my list, thanks
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options

i didnt know mouse balls still exsisted, i used to do that at the school office, lol
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    We always send newbies to th hardwae store for a left handed ruler and a long weight. Works a treat. Also a grad that winds me up came to work in fancy dress on a dress down day. That was brilliant!
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    take some tape and put it over the little "red light on the bottom" of the "newer" mouses. :)
  • Puckermann
    Options
    PBJunkie you are clearly one of the more "fun" guys here on MFP. Friend request sended.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Save a screenshot of their desktop and put it as their background and hide their icons, always a good laughter to see the person clicking on the image which he thinks is the icon.
    hahahaha, love it
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Move the keys around on the keyboard

OR my personal fav.

Take a screenshot of the desktop and then set it as the background, and delete all their icons, that way they click and think they are clicking on their desktop.....hahahaha... it works every time :)
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Move the keys around on the keyboard

OR my personal fav.

Take a screenshot of the desktop and then set it as the background, and delete all their icons, that way they click and think they are clicking on their desktop.....hahahaha... it works every time :)

Going to strip the keys from the keyboard and cast it into jelly, haha would love to see them figure out where all the keys should go.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i work at a power plant, so sending new guys out for left handed power tools, is a big one, or sending them out for buckets of steam and turbine wash. i personally like sending them to one guy and having them ask for a long weight. ::snicker::
  • longhop
    Options
    How do you rotate the desktop... i have a perfect member of my team i have to do this to!!
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am loving all of these...
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    How do you rotate the desktop... i have a perfect member of my team i have to do this to!!

Ctrl + shift, arrow up (twice)
  • PBJunkie
    Options

Worked on Vista, will have to check on how to do this in Windows 7
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options

Worked on Vista, will have to check on how to do this in Windows 7

7 its in display settings, change it to landscape(flipped)
  • theberg
    Options
    My last office job did this to me, I got the last laugh though. The keyboard I use at home has blank keys and i use so many keyboard shortcuts that I never noticed what they did to the background. Yeah, I'm a dork.
  • mroger801
    Options
    I work at a school where we teach a foreign language, which means all of our computers are set-up to work in both languages. I enjoy switching the default language on people. They get really frustrated when they can't get Google to work as it should.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    sky hooks and skirting board ladders are always good things to send people out for

and of course telling them the wrong names for people is always good especially when the others know their alternative names and play along, just watch them try to work out who memo's are refering to
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    I work at a school where we teach a foreign language, which means all of our computers are set-up to work in both languages. I enjoy switching the default language on people. They get really frustrated when they can't get Google to work as it should.

Awesome idea, I understand a bit of german so will definitely make use of this.
    sky hooks and skirting board ladders are always good things to send people out for

Would be weird sending out a software developer for sky hooks and skirting boards, any chance replacing it with something relevant to computers?
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    oh i'm sure you could set them a task of finding out info on the new latch microsoft are bringing out for windows, sorry i'm not a techy its the best i could come up with