Body by Vi

2»

Replies

• tdbad1
    tdbad1 Posts: 87 Member
    Did you order the shakes through a distributor? If you did you should have the myvi.net website. If you go to MARKETING on the home page...click on SOCIAL APPS you'll find the ViSalus Shake Recipe App. hundreds of recipies on there. some fun, some...ummm, individual taste tested, and some really good ones.

Otherwise, experiment. Just remember everythign you add adds cals and stuff. be carefull. I knew a gal that gained weight because of the stuff she loaded up her shakes with. Make good choices and you've got it made. I love the apple pie one. Half the contets of those individual apple suauce cups, and a bit of cinnamon...it really tastes like apple pie!!!
  • meaghanrocks
    meaghanrocks Posts: 19 Member
    i make mine with 1 cup 1% white milke and 1 cup 1% chocolate milk with fresh strawberries ( tastes like neopolitian icecream ) also have made it with one table spoon of oreo pudding mix instead of strawberries to give me something for my sweet tooth.... i use them in the morning but and getting in the habit of having one later in the evening when i am watching my tv shows.... rather than binge eating like i used to on the couch. a shake and my stationary bike instead :) much healthier option :D
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    I love Body by Vi. I'm not losing weight either, I log my food/exercise to make sure I don't gain any. Having a protein shake in the morning is great, and I still get plenty of real food during the day. Here is how I make my shakes:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk OR 1 cup unsweetened coconut/almond milk (40 calories)
    1 cup mixed fruit (berries or pineapple, mango, etc.) (calorie content varies)
    1/2 banana (50 calories +/- based on size)
    2 scoops of Body by Vi protein powder (90 calories)

I taste it and if it needs something, I'll add 1 tsp of dark chocolate syrup on top (yum!) (20 calories)

So my shake is normally around 250 calories.

If you join or like the Body by Vi Facebook page they have hundreds of different recipes. Oh and a little tip: blend the milk, ice, fruit, & banana first and then add in the protein powder at the end and blend lightly. Enjoy!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Thank you for the ideas! My normal breakfast is usually only about 200 calories to begin with so I'm not too worried about gaining weight back after stopping a shake or smoothie. I'm usually not that hungry in the morning, but I like to make sure I have something so I can get my metabolism going and I won't over eat later. Thanks for the ideas!

Maybe try Intermittent Fasting. www.leangains.com You basically skip breakfast. I have found this to be much better and I'm not hungry especially when busy in the morning. Then, just do a bigger lunch with a chewable protein.
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    1/2 cup of Almond Milk
    1/2 cup Kefir Probiotic drink ( many flavors strawberry and pomegranate I like the best)
    1/2 water
    2 scoops Vi-Shape
    1/2 cup - Berries frozen your choice - Makes the drink slightly thicker with frozen berries

About 220 calories

I drink this most mornings. Love it and it is quick to make. People bash shakes. Use what works for you.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    8 oz of coconut water
    2 cups of spinach
    3/4 cups of pineapple chucks
    2 scoops of vi shape
    4 ice cubes
    blend and YUMMY!