Body for Life Challenge

Options
Today, I am starting a body for life challenge. It is a 12-week challenge that will hopefully bring about a kick to my weight loss. If anyone else is interested in doing this with me, go to www.bodyforlife.com and read up on the challenge. Read the nutrition rules and see if you can follow the food guidelines and exercise rules. It's not easy.... but the results are always amazing!!!

Today is my Day 1!

Replies

• beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    I love Body for Life. I need to review the challenge guidelines, but I have had great success in the past using the basic principles. It might be just what I need to help me get through the next phase! :smile:
  • elizabethx2
    elizabethx2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, years back I lost a lot of weight and was extremely happy with the results. I LOVE the Body for life eating plan, it works well with my PCOS. I would like to join the group too but I am not entering the challenge officially, I would like to join this group if possible. Yesterday, I made my meals for today and should be ready to go.

I am currently at 184 and would like to get to 150.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Good luck guys! I love B4L!
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you have the Eating for life cookbook that goes with this nutrition plan it has some AWESOME recipes. My favorites are the turkey meatloaf, turkey meatballs and chili rellenos casserole. The portions are satisfying and the food is very flavorful, so it doesn't feel at all like boring diet food. Good luck!
  • amysuespears
    Options
    I am not running an official challenge through the website... I'm just starting a challenge that people can be a part of... we can encourage each other and weigh-in every couple of weeks. I plan on following the eating plan and exercise schedule to a tee. If anyone wants to do this with me, add me as a friend and write "bfl" in the message to send with the request. Together, we can do this... and i have TONS of awesome recipes to share with those who may not know how to do this. My diary will reflect body for life approved eating habits.
  • theberg
    Options
    I lost 45lb doing that a few years ago. In the long rung it just wasn't sustainable for me. I ended up gaining it back and then some. It's a great plan if you can stick with it though. I did win the company biggest loser challenge that year though :D

I should add that I did keep the weight off for a solid year or so afterwards. I changed jobs and became quite sedentary and found it difficult to keep up with the diet restrictions (especially with my boss feeding me pizza/wings/beer all the time). I don't blame the diet for my failure, it was completely my fault.
  • jerrilynnhn
    jerrilynnhn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Are you still doing the BFL program? I started three days ago. I usually use fitness pal app on ipod. Didn't know these networks existed until I logged in today.

A friend of mine did BFL about 10 years ago and looked fabulous. I am on day 3 and feel fabulous! How are you doing with it?

JL
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    My mom is 40 and did bfl and got in crazy shape. She gave me the body for life and eating for life books. Should I read them?
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    There is no way the before-and-after individuals became that toned in 12 weeks. Lost some weight, yes. It takes longer to build muscle mass.
  • bookdame
    Options
    I am doing Body For Life and hope to find some others doing the same. I don't expect to be TOTALLY ripped or anything, but I'd like to make a positive change and drop a couple inches off my waist.

I'm on week 3...definitely feeling stronger, I feel I am pushing myself hard enough at the gym,... I just find the eating schedule to be very strict! I am following the diet about 90%.... I think that is the part I really need to control more... Not that I am eating alot of unauthorized foods but I am putting 1-2 tbsp of half n half in my coffee... adding raisins to my protein oatmeal, adding veggies to my omlette in the mornings... Having a string cheese + clif mojo bar instead of a protein shake at snack time....

I think I am so used to looking at my calorie count that I tend to focus on that and not the portions.

Anyone have suggestions?