Illness and exercise

Options
Just curious. Who out there exercises when you are sick with a cold? I was feverish the last couple of days, but maybe better today. If I go to the gym, I promise to wipe the equipment thoroughly:)

Replies

• onefatmom
    Options
    it is good idea to wipe everything down. just dont overdo your workout. go easy. your immune system isnt back up to speed yet and you could relapse or get worse. :flowerforyou:
  • lisahightower2
    Options
    Early last week, I had a cold and still went and worked out. I just eased up on the intensity. Did light resistance on the elliptical and walked instead of ran on the treadmill. Kept weights the same. However, the cold got worse by the end of the week and I haven't been to work out in 4 days. :( Driving me crazy!
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    I got a cold last week, I still did my workouts. I couldn't quite give it my all, I did push it as hard as I could. I sweat more than usual, and I actually cleared up during and after the workout. I still have the cold, but it seems to be running its course a bit quicker now. So, I say do what you can, don't over do it or expect to be able to do what you normally can, and just listen to your body.
  • lisahightower2
    Options
    I actually cleared up during and after the workout. I still have the cold, but it seems to be running its course a bit quicker now.

I agree! I never breathe better when sick than during/right after a workout! :)