New Polar F7 HRM user with a question

Good morning! Today was my first time using a Polar F7 during my work out. I did 1 hr of exercise in a fitness boot camp that rotates cardio and strength training. I was shocked when I looked at the watch and it reported that I burned 629 calories, which seems way too high. My dh said I must have had my strap on wrong (just below the bottom band of my bra). I thought I would ask here to see if 1) it would be possible to burn that many calories in 1 hr and 2) if not, what could I be doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice/input!!

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    That seems about right in my book. I have done one boot camp style workout when I first got mine and it was about 700. I say it's not wrong.
  • Yes I would trust it. That's exactly where I wear mine and I think the numbers are quite accurate especially if you are in calorie fat burning zone. I love my HRM!
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    that's about the same calories I burn in an hour as well. I think it's correct.
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    I agree with everyone else, you wore it in the correcct spot. Just check to make sure you entered all your data correctly, but it seem right for that type of exercise.
  • luvmy3jewels
    luvmy3jewels Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks! It's nice to know that 629 calories is probably accurate. I'm blown away that I could be burning that amount (I had previously been estimating around 350 calories for logging purposes)!!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Could definitely be accurate. What were your average and peak heart rates?
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    That's correct! I love my Polar FT7 .... it really does an excellent job showing your cal burn and even fat burn. Great job during your work out!