brooks running shoe

Options
2»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them, because no one in the fitness industry seems to rate them! None of the shops round here stock them because they aren't as good value for money as asics or new balance. Read some reviews on www.wiggle.com and see what you think.

Uh. I've seen them rated in running magazines.

I went by what the guy in the store recommended (and what felt right), but a few people after I bought them said they were great shoes. New Balance give me terrible, terrible blisters.

I have Asics now, but that was because someone else fitted me the second time around and those were what felt right this time. I'm not really brand-loyal.
  • Donna_T_B
    Donna_T_B Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love Brooks! They are the only shoes I have ever been able to run in.

I agree with going to a specialty store and being fitted by someone who knows what they're doing. And, I agree that running shoes should be larger than your normal shoes, no matter what the brand. My normal shoe size is 9.5, but for running shoes, I wear 10.5 to 11.

IMO, Brooks Ghosts are not the best for running; not enough support, but that's just me.
  • akrzyzewski
    akrzyzewski Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Brooks are awesome. I have pretty wide feet and mine fit fine. But I agree with anyone that sy to go to a running store, they will help you get the right shoes.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Is there anything more useless than reading ratings of running shoes? Unless they clone me an identical twin to test out shoes, why would I possibly care how they fit and feel to somebody else?