Can sitting or lying right after a meal makes your tummy big

Options
I know we need to walk or stand a little right after a meal to digest our foods better but many told me that sitting or lying down right after a meal will make my tummy bigger. I usually eat around 8pm & go to sleep at 10pm but I'm having hard time getting sleepy so its why I need to be on my bed 2 hours before I sleep which usually happens right after my dinner. So far I haven't experienced having bigger tummy but I don't know if later on I will. Is this true or only one of those nonsense myths?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sounds like nonsense to me, i never stand or walk straight after my meal and its made no difference to me.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    *facepalm.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's a ridiculous myth.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    That is nonsense...... You shouldn't worry about that. It is good to move around some after a meal, but if you don't, it won't matter. If you are eating properly and maintaining portions and caloric intake, you will be fine! Don't listen to that bologne!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Don't eat standing up. You'll get fat thighs...

...or so i heard =/
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Thanks :o) Its just what I thought also. Many times I feel like laughing whenever they say not to sit down or lie down after a meal. The only thing I think is true is not to sleep on a stuffed stomach.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    The only thing I think is true is not to sleep on a stuffed stomach.

Again, not true tbh. You can eat your daily calories allowance throughout the day, or you can eat all of it right before bed. As long as you hit your macros and keep your calorie deficit, you'll be fine.
  • Darkness2120
    Options
    Completely false. Your body doesn't stop it's metabolic function because of the position your in. Eating before bed will not make you fat, what makes anyone fat is consuming more calories than they burn during the day or in the rare instance endocrine related problems.