I made my daddy cry

Options
My daddy is a rock. He is just one of those men who is always there. He will do anything he can for his family.
In school, I was in the band, ran track, played soccer, was a cheerleader....and through it all he was at every event. I can remember coming off the field with the band, the crowd clapping and cheering to the fight song and I can hear my dad's voice above everyone else.

About 30 years ago he was having problems with chloresterol and his doc told him to get his heart rate up 3 times a week and so he started running. He started entering races and even completed several JFK 50 mile races in DC.

This morning I stopped by their house after dropping my son off at school. I told my dad that I had mailed off my registration for the Ghosts and Goblins 5K on October 18. He dropped his head and started to cry. He said he had been worried about my health for several years now and had seen me on my walks going past their house and knows how hard I have been pushing myself. He said that the GNG race was one of the first races he did when he started too. He said he would be working the water station at the finish line that night and was looking forward to seeing me cross the finish line!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!