25 pounds by January 1st, 2012 Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I need the motivation and the challenge - I'm in!
  • simkat
    Options
    201.8 - SW Mon AM. Barf! Ready to go!!!!!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    We will record our weight in the thread January 2012 25 pound Challenge Weigh In look for that thread to post weight every monday! If you do not post your weight by Tuesday at the latest I will remove you from the challenge.

Thanks Alisha
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what everyone is doing as far as exercise goes? I am waiting for my Turbofire to get here and will be starting it on Monday morning.
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Alisha, I PM'd you my weight.

So what's everyone doing to get to this goal?! I've started Bikram Yoga, had my 2nd class today and I love it! I'm gonna aim to do that 2-3 times a week. I walk to and from work which is about 2.5miles a day, and I'm going to use my weighted hula hoop 3-4 times a week! I'm also eating healthier, and trying not to snack too much! xx
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    my starting weight is 175.8
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    Alisha, I PM'd you my weight.

So what's everyone doing to get to this goal?! I've started Bikram Yoga, had my 2nd class today and I love it! I'm gonna aim to do that 2-3 times a week. I walk to and from work which is about 2.5miles a day, and I'm going to use my weighted hula hoop 3-4 times a week! I'm also eating healthier, and trying not to snack too much! xx

I've been doing Atkins since January. I'm going to keep doing that....but I'm adding in more walking, walking at a quick pace, may start jogging if the walking gets to easy.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    Walked 3 miles last night. Want to walk another 3 tonight! :)
  • lotuslion
    Options
    I don't follow any particular exercise or diet plan. I watch my calories of course, and I try to maximize my protein and fiber so that I feel full, but I don't do like WW or Atkins or anything. My workout schedule looks like this:

Monday: dance rehearsal 1 hour (I'm a bellydancer)
    Tuesday: 30-45 minute walk with coworkers at lunch, 45 min-1hr elliptical, bike, or running in the evening
    Wednesday: 30-45 minute walk with coworkers at lunch, sometimes 30 minute elliptical in the evening (I also play cello, and have rehearsal from 6-8pm)
    Thursday: Zumba 1 hr, sometimes strength training
    Friday: sometimes rest day, sometimes elliptical, sometimes strength training - it's my "whatever I feel like" day
    Saturday: Elliptical, bike, and/or running, 45 min-1 hr
    Sunday: Zumba, elliptical, bike, running, or strength training - 45min to 1 hr.

I like variety so I don't get bored, but I don't know how helpful this is to anyone else, lol.
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Walked 3 miles last night. Want to walk another 3 tonight! :)

That's fab, go you! I love walking as you can do so much more of it than running/gym etc, but I find it just as good for my legs. Even when I've been bigger, I've always walked quite alot so my legs have always been the best part of my body as they're quite toned! xx
  • Fiyero
    Options
    I am currently working through this training plan on my rower:
    http://goo.gl/a1crc

Note that paces and such are based on my own specifics but would recommend this plan to anyone interested, just key in your specific info. Love the rower for that full body workout and the pain factor. :)
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    Zucchini, Sour Cream and Jack Cheese Bake

Ingredients:
    4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
    1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 lb. zucchini, trimmed and sliced 1/8-inch thick
    1/2 cup grated Jack cheese - hot pepper is good!
    1 egg
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or I tsp. dried
    Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish.
    Melt 1 Tbsp. of the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and
    garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent. Scrape into a large bowl. Melt the
    remaining butter over medium high heat in the same frying pan. Add the zucchini and
    cook, stirring frequently until the moisture has evaporated and the zucchini is tender.
    Transfer to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and
    pulse to combine. Add the onions and pulse once. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
    Bake for 30 minutes until lightly golden.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

4 Tilapia Filets
    1/4 cup paremsan cheese shredded
    2T Lemon Juice
    1 clove garlic minced
    1/3 cup mayonaise
    1T Oregano
    2T Butter Softened

Layout Fish on a baking sheet lined with Non-stick Foil
    Mix All other ingredients together and spread over each filet. You will have a thick layer on each filet.
    Bake at 450 for 8 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. If the cheese is not brown and crusty on top like in picture, pop under the broiler for one min, keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn.

This topping can also be put on chicken breast that is filet out or that is pounded thin. Adjust baking time for chicken...I bake at 375-400 for about 20-30 minutes or until juice of chicken runs clear.
  • lotuslion
    Options
    I love the recipes here! They sound awesome, and are coming at a good time since I've been kind of in a cooking rut lately, feeling like I'm making the same old things all the time.

Here are some of my faves - I love these dishes, but it's always nice to try something new!

Shrimp tacos with citrus cabbage slaw - makes 4, serving size: 1 taco, 392 calories, 31g protein, 4g fiber, 9g fat, 1095mg sodium

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/shrimp-tacos-citrus-cabbage-slaw-recipe-00000000017320/index.html (I leave out the corn, since I can't eat it.)

Grilled tomato and goat cheese pizza - makes 1 pizza, serving size: 1 slice (1/6 of pizza), 242 calories, 10.7g protein, 0.4g fiber, 8g fat, 590mg sodium

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-heirloom-tomato-goat-cheese-pizza-10000001895985/ (we use Roma tomatoes instead of heirloom.)

Chipotle bean burritos - makes 6, serving size: 1 burrito, 361 calories, 16.8g protein, 11.4g fiber, 10.3g fat, 735mg sodum

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chipotle-bean-burritos-10000001949753/ (Just made this last night, and I loved it! It's also vegetarian.)

As you can tell, I find a lot of recipes on Real Simple and Cooking Light/My Recipes. We've also used recipes from Cook Yourself Thin, but I like the ones from Real Simple and Cooking Light better because they take less time.
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    266........Wed is my usual weigh in day so Mondays are a transition....I just need to behave better over the weekends. Tho I feel like I am back on track for sure now vs being a mess last week. But eh I will lose that 25lbs!