Serving

blackbirdlane
blackbirdlane Posts: 3
I wait tables at a fairly busy restaurant but I have not been able to figure out how to determine calories lost from that. Just walking at a moderate pace? Carrying 5 lbs? Not quite sure how to figure it out. Any other servers know the trick? :)

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Try getting a pedometer and tracking your steps.. I would prolly track it as walking 2.5mph though. But a pedometer will really help get accuracy.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    it is part of your daily activity level, there fore should be considered into your daily calorie goals. you should only log "real" exercise. also, when setting your activity level, you should probably go one lower then what you think it is. we all tend to over estimate how active we are, and underestimate how much we eat.

good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I wait tables at a fairly busy restaurant but I have not been able to figure out how to determine calories lost from that. Just walking at a moderate pace? Carrying 5 lbs? Not quite sure how to figure it out. Any other servers know the trick? :)

i would just change ur activity level to active, and not count it as exercise.
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    I wouldn't log that as exercise-- more have that as part of your activity level, and have your activity level as at least Active ( and maybe even Very Active, if necessary.). On days that you don't work, if you're not nearly as active on your own, you can even change your activity level down a level. I remember reading that there was someone on here who changed hers on a almost daily basis-- that way, you don't have to do the math and figuring..

Just a suggestion!
This discussion has been closed.