RAWROTONGA Week 4 (Closed Group)

Options
Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a good week last week, despite it being pretty quite here on MFP.

Here are the week 4 challenges:

Welcome to Week 4 you are the PYGMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT!

Weekly Team Challenge - as a combined team effort attempt to reach a goal of an additional 2000 crunches. For a team of 10 that would be an additional 200 crunches per team member over a span of 6 days! As always water, calories!

Welcome to Week 4 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 4 we’re are stepping it up to another level! Raise those spears!

Week Four Weekly Team Challenge
Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week.(3.1 miles) Each team member needs to do an additional 400 crunches for this week! If you have a full team of 10 people that is an additional 4000 crunches. You hate me now but you'll love me come October!

You're all amazing! Two weeks to go!

Replies

• daddyzgrrl28
    Options
    The first time I did split squats my legs felt like jello after 10! today i did all 35 and it was hard but i made i through all at once!! yay for progress! Let's make this week a great one, team!
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have really been struggling lately. I don't what it is, but I have just been so tired. Anyway I guess the post is just to tell you guys to harass me when you have time. I have a paper due tomorrow and hopefully when that is out of the way I can get back on track with exercise. Sigh... Ok pity part y ended. Thanks for listening
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have really been struggling lately. I don't what it is, but I have just been so tired. Anyway I guess the post is just to tell you guys to harass me when you have time. I have a paper due tomorrow and hopefully when that is out of the way I can get back on track with exercise. Sigh... Ok pity part y ended. Thanks for listening

You're not the only one. Last week was really rough and I gained 2 pounds. This week I'm making myself do ALL the challenges and I have a goal to walk or elliptical 10 miles this week. I hope it works. We can do this!
  • DelightfullyWifed
    Options
    Seems like a lot of us on the team are struggling lately. I know I have been, no questions asked! this has been the roughest month this year for me hands down. I haven't gotten very much exercise in but what I have I can honestly say it's becaue of MFP and this team. I also have been bad about tracking. I got back on today after a week (sorry) because of the team and I knew I was also hurting myself. This week I am trying to make a slow come back. it doesn't help though that I am battling a sinus headache/infection/head cold thing that just won't go away! Grr!

Anyway, keep up the good work ladies you definitely are my motivation! :)
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This month's been rough for me too. Going back to school, at a different school, with classes basically all day is making it really hard for me to have time to do anything. You girls are my motivation as well, and keep doing what you can! :D
  • libs41223
    Options
    So, does anyone else get ovarian cysts? I get one every month (working with the doc on this one) and it makes crunches an issue. Any thoughts?
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So, does anyone else get ovarian cysts? I get one every month (working with the doc on this one) and it makes crunches an issue. Any thoughts?

I don't get them but I have a friend that does, and I know there are some days that she just doesn't want to move. Perhaps you should try something other than crunches, but that still works the abs. What about the plank?
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    This month is teh suckage. Still, we can do this! NO MERCY!

"So, does anyone else get ovarian cysts? I get one every month (working with the doc on this one) and it makes crunches an issue. Any thoughts?"

I've had them before and got these recommendations with the caveat that if it hurts too much don't do it:

Firstly- anytime you bring your knees above your belly button, you're working your abs.

Twisting from side to side (keep hips stationary) works the obliques.

Stand with one leg in front of the other, weight on the back leg, and pull you hips "up" toward your shoulders, and crunch your shoulders down toward your hips - it's like a standing crunch. Then do it again with the other leg in front.

Put your weight on one leg, and with the other, lift that knee to the side up higher than your belly button. Do this in fast repetitions. That will also work obliques.

Simply standing normally, pull your belly button in toward your spine. Do that in fast repetition.
  • libs41223
    Options
    Luckily I only have an issue about 2 days a month. Of course, those 2 days land on the week that extra crunches are our challenge :noway:

I have been doing whacky jacks (look them up on youtube) instead of jumping jacks because my foot is whacked out. I'm soooo sore from doing those on my obliques. I like them much better than JJ's.

Man, I turn 33 this year and it really sounds like I'm falling apart. :wink:
  • cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey guys sorry I've been totally MIA these past two weeks.... Been very hectic around here, sounds like everyone is having difficulty! Hang in there guys and thanks for the motivation! I can honestly say that the only reason I got back on here to log is because of you guys, besides the fact that I've been feeling like crap cuz of how I've been eating! But I'm determined to get back on track!! Hows everyone doing??