Options

Replies

• LickyNees
    LickyNees Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    anyone remember The Golden Child?
  • tscroggins72
    Options
    The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles were my faves.
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The fox and the hound, sleeping beauty, ninja turtles, and power ranger the movie.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Still one of my favorites.

THE ORIGINAL? awesome.

The newbie? horrible.

just my opinion ;)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

I remember wanting to see The Blob as a pre-teen - but Mom wouldn't let me go, cuz it was too scary. My OLDER SIBS got to go, but not me :sad: discrimination at its finest!!

HAHAHA...I remember watching "The Blob" on Sunday's on some 'horror hour' on local TV. Seriouly..that thing moved at the speed of a turtle...WHY was it so scary? Remember "The Crawling Hand"?

I think it was scary because there just WEREN'T a lot of scary movies back then, and it ate everything in it's path, and it was SLIMY!!!

That "hand" movie ......was that with Michael Caine? He got his hand cut off in a car accident? No, the Crawling Hand is a different one, and I don't think I've ever seen it!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    all the trolls on the boards today had me thinking about gremlins, and how you should never feed them after midnight or throw water on them!

so what movies take you back?

mine are:

the goonies.
    labrynth.

I love those....had a huge crush on David Bowie in Labrynth...lol
    Me, too, but these movies came out when I was a teenager, so technically not "childhood favorites" for me. I'd have to go with "The Wizard of Oz" or "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" I guess. While they both were released before I was born,they used to play on TV on the evenings of major holidays so it became a tradition for us to watch them long before DVRs and pay movie channels came into existence. I have many fond memories of watching both movies with my siblings, commercials and all.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid there were very few kids movies, occasionally there was a Disney "Herbie the Love Bug" movie, but that was about it.

Most of the movies I saw were on the ABC, 4:30 movie. It was on every weekday.

My favorite was "Monster Week" when they would show Godzilla movies and stuff like that.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Still one of my favorites.

THE ORIGINAL? awesome.

The newbie? horrible.

just my opinion ;)

i comPLETEly agree. i watch the original now and get all the subtle jokes and wittiness of gene wilder..he was freakin CLASSIC
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    The Land Before Time

and

The Brave Little Toaster!!!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    PARENT TRAP (the original)
    Escape to Witch Mountain
    Willy Wonka & the chocolate factory (original :)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Fox & the Hound... hands down.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Definetly the Fox and the Hound for me as well.
    "Copper, you're my best friend"
    "And you're mine too, Todd"
    Still makes me weepy!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

I remember wanting to see The Blob as a pre-teen - but Mom wouldn't let me go, cuz it was too scary. My OLDER SIBS got to go, but not me :sad: discrimination at its finest!!

HAHAHA...I remember watching "The Blob" on Sunday's on some 'horror hour' on local TV. Seriouly..that thing moved at the speed of a turtle...WHY was it so scary? Remember "The Crawling Hand"?

I think it was scary because there just WEREN'T a lot of scary movies back then, and it ate everything in it's path, and it was SLIMY!!!

That "hand" movie ......was that with Michael Caine? He got his hand cut off in a car accident? No, the Crawling Hand is a different one, and I don't think I've ever seen it!

Yeah, I guess that was it. There was also the one with the mice....Willard? I think there was a remake of it not too long ago.

Here's the Crawling Hand info (something to do with an astronaut)...here's the info http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056961/

In the Detroit area, there was this show called the Sir Graves Ghastly Show on Sundays, and he was this vampire-persona who screened these old horror movies in the 70's (although, I guess they weren't so old then) and he commented in between commericals...hahaha...good times!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    There was also the one with the mice....Willard? I think there was a remake of it not too long ago.

i've seen the new one - had no idea it was a remake. i really enjoyed it. it had the 'creepy thin man' from the (fairly) new charlie's angels movies.

speaking of creepy thin man, i have to add 'back to the future' and 'teen wolf' to the list. creepy thin man was also george mcfly!
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (oh yeah - cheese fest! ;) )
    Star Wars
    Little Mermaid
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There was also the one with the mice....Willard? I think there was a remake of it not too long ago.

i've seen the new one - had no idea it was a remake. i really enjoyed it. it had the 'creepy thin man' from the (fairly) new charlie's angels movies.

speaking of creepy thin man, i have to add 'back to the future' and 'teen wolf' to the list. creepy thin man was also george mcfly!
    Crispin Glover is the actor. And he has definitely made a career of playing creepy thin men. LOL
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Crispin Glover is the actor. And he has definitely made a career of playing creepy thin men. LOL

thanks! i dig him.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (oh yeah - cheese fest! ;) )

i *own* this one!
  • MrsMills712
    Options
    Return to OZ! :)
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    teen favorites included all of the 80s cult classics, pretty in pink, 16 candles...i love molly ringwald :)

thumbelina was a favorite, as well as lion king and the swan princess