I hate my body...

Options
So I went off the bandwagon for about 3 weeks and my body hates me. It only took that long to gain 9 lbs! I thought my metabolism would have been pretty amazing, but it only discourages me. It took me an entire YEAR to lose 9lbs....I am feeling so down. I guess I better pick myself back up and start from scratch all over again. Those of you who can eat whatever you want and not gain a pound, I envy you dearly.

Replies

• Kikilicious84
    Options
    Big hugs to you. You can get over this hurdle!

Have you been drinking water?
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    So I went off the bandwagon for about 3 weeks and my body hates me. It only took that long to gain 9 lbs! I thought my metabolism would have been pretty amazing, but it only discourages me. It took me an entire YEAR to lose 9lbs....I am feeling so down. I guess I better pick myself back up and start from scratch all over again. Those of you who can eat whatever you want and not gain a pound, I envy you dearly.

I am sorry to hear that you fell off the bandwagon but get back up and push harder than ever! I have heard stories about people doing intense programs, going on vacation and coming back with a few more pounds. Just push throuh and you will succeed girly!!! Keep us posted!!!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    get back on and keep on going..its hard but you can do this
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I guarantee about half is water weight (depending on how much you really ate). I went on a week long cruise and ate/drank anything and everything. I gained 10 pounds in a week, but I lost 6 of it in a week. The other 4 took two weeks, but they came off. Just hop back on!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I fell off a while back, had lost 12 pounds and in about 4 weeks gained almost all of it back. I started tracking again and in almost a month am back to the 12 pounds lost. You can do it! I totally agree that people who can eat junk all day and not gain an ounce are very lucky, but thats not us. Just keep the faith and work hard!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I had a bad weekend too. Most weight gain was water so now i just need to watch what i eat and exercise. Don't give up just keep trying. You can do it.
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts everyone. I am hoping that at least half of the weight is water weight because I have been staying pretty active, but I've been eating about 4,000 calories a day for the past three weeks. 8 lbs still seems like too much...why can't losing weight ever be that easy?!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Wish I had an easy solution for you. But, you're starting again and I think that's great. I'm hoping the weight comes off easier for you, and that much of the gain is water weight. If you've been eating 4000 calories, I'm guessing there may be some excess sodium involved.
  • incircles_lp2
    Options
    Yes! I have been eating a lot of chips and salsa and things that are very salty in general! I didn't even think about that...I hope that's a big part of my problem. Trying to flush my system out now with drinking a but ton of water.
  • incircles_lp2
    Options
    So I weighed myself the other day to see if any of the extra weight was because of water, and 2.6lbs of it was! Woot! I still have a lot of work to do to lose the extra 6lbs that just seemed to stick to me in less than 3 weeks:(