off topic but looking for tips for a stained bath tub

Options
momof8munchkins
momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
We recently remodeled our upstairs bathroom.. The problem is the brand new tub we bought had inprints if the box it was packed in on the inside of the tub.. I thought no big deal it will clean off when we wash it.. I was wrong... 6 months later and the stains are still there.. we've tried bleach, comet , scoring pads/ lots of elbow grease and.everything we can think of .. the most we can do is get the stains to fade for a week.. then they re-appear. we are preparing to put our house up for sale, a stained tub could can bring down the value of the house..This is really frustrating.. we obviously can't take the tub back and don't want the expense of replacing it a second time.. any ideas of how to get the stains out permanantly?

Replies

• fitnessbekhs
    Options
    have you tried magic eraser?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Mr. Clean magic eraser? They work pretty well on getting rid of stains.

LOL! Guess I took a few too many seconds to post
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've never done this, but maybe fingernail polish remover?
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Definetly the magic eraser but then follow it up and I am sorry I don't remember the name but it is a cleaner that also has something like teflon in it that has the shine/gloss. It helps keep the stains out. We had a tub that the enamel had started coming off and the stains stuck in those areas worse. When I cleaned, then hit it with that stuff, it really helped with the stains. Good luck!!
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, the magic eraser. The one made especially for bathtubs. It is my best friend. I look forward to the bathtub getting dirty just so I can use it, that's how awesome it is.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    If cleaning isn't helping, you can look into refinishing/reglazing your tub.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice.. def going to try the magic erasor!.. I didn't even think of that