I might be weird...

Options
...But I have decided to get off my butt, while watching my fav shows on TV. We don't have any exercise equipment at home, so I have been marching on the spot (sometimes with hand weights). I feel a little goofy, but what the heck, it has to be better than doing nothing.

Does any one else do this?

Any thoughts on how many calories I might be burning? I know it varies by each person's size, but I can't find a reference to this "exercise" anywhere.

Heather

Replies

• HeatherD
    HeatherD Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ...But I have decided to get off my butt, while watching my fav shows on TV. We don't have any exercise equipment at home, so I have been marching on the spot (sometimes with hand weights). I feel a little goofy, but what the heck, it has to be better than doing nothing.

Does any one else do this?

Any thoughts on how many calories I might be burning? I know it varies by each person's size, but I can't find a reference to this "exercise" anywhere.

Heather
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    When I was younger and a stay at home mom with no exercise equipment and couldn't leave the house because I had a toddler who was napping......

YES! I'd watch MTV and dance (back when MTV had actual music videos) :laugh:

Or I'd watch soap operas and jog in place- or do sit ups & leg lifts during commercials

It musta worked.... I managed to go from about 140 to 127 pounds at the time (I was only 19 years old) Then I went and got pregnant again! :wink:

I'd count the calories about the same as light calisthenics.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Yeppers! I have found myself holding a weight in each hand and logged all SORTS of weight training. Just be careful cuz if you are watching BL and Vicky does something icky, the weight may end up in your TV set!!
  • redsrandomthoughts
    Options
    hahhahaha I did not like Vicky at all I didnt have a weight in my hand but I sure did get torrets when she was up to no good.

Walking during tv shows is a good idea, I think I will try it too!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    whatever works....i parked my bike in front of the tv and when i find myself lazying it up on the chair i get up and ride