Looking forward to being healthy

Options
I heard of this sight from a neighbor who has lost 90 pounds just by proper eating and dieting.

I know I can do it as well, but it will take some work.

If anyone has any other words of wisdom please let me know. I"m also very curious how I can help my wife lose weight. She has tried so many different diets. She really would like to lose weight.

Happy to be a part of this site....

Matt

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. Eat "clean" (no processed, prepare as much of your own food as possible). Move more and stay within the calories that MFP sets for you. Drink that water.

I had to change my views on food. We no longer celebrate an occassion with food, it is about the day or the event and NOT the food. For instance, we celebrated our 10th anniversary last year and were scheduled to have grilled chicken breast with steamed veggies for dinner . . . we made just that but ate it by candelight.

There is never an excuse, or "just this one time". Your body deserves to be treated like a temple so give yourself the GIFT of better health.

Good luck!
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Get some friends to support you, and you are on your way!!! This is an awesome site, and I hope it works for your wife too....You are sure to find lots of encouragement from people who are at the same stages in life, and with similar stories....just get out there, and enjoy the loss....
  • darkcowboy
    darkcowboy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck
    my best tips are use the site let it make you accountable its a huge help
    feel free to friend me as support is a awesome thing
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    There is MUCH love and support here on this site!! Good luck to ya!! WE can do this TOGETHER!!
    Jenn
  • tambogey
    Options
    I love your post! Congratulations on your weight lost...and your anniversary!!!
  • RoniY
    Options
    Hi Matt. I don't know you and your wife but I feel that I should share this with you from a female point of view. If you start to do this site and your wife sees how well that your doing she will jump on the wagon. Don't try to push her into it. She has to want to do it on her own for it to work. I think that seeing my husband losing weight and looking good would push me to do it to. Cause I can't let him look better then me. I think that it is great that you joined this site and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do. I only joined 5 days ago and I'm hooked. I have lost 6 pounds in a week. Good luck Roni
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My best advice would be to be a team with your wife, don't lie to yourself about what you eat, and don't hate yourself if you mess up. Remember it's a long term goal and to maintain, you'll always need to eat less than you do right now.

Good luck!
  • Manelson10
    Manelson10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks you guys for all of the comments. Really appreciate it. I'll get my wife signed up on this. I know that she expressed interest yesterday.

Matt