Life's New Journey October Challenge

Options

Replies

• luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

"Life's New Journey October Challenge" has officially started. I hope everybody has entered their weight, and if so desired goals and challenges for the week on the spread sheet.

Monday's Mini Challenges:

Food - Eat below your designated calorie amount
    Cardio - Do at least 15 minutes of increased heart rate activity. Suggestion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk
    Strength - Do 50 crunches of any kind. Basic Crunch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUnAWuDVDHA
    Emotional - Look yourself in the mirror and find one thing that you like about yourself. Whether it be your eyes, your nose, your smile, the way your hair looks today, or maybe the outfit you are wearing. And give yourself a big smile because you are worth it. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Have a great day everybody.
  • wendalin4
    wendalin4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm excited about this! And i love the idea of the mini challenges :)

btw i'm Wendy, 28 from Maryland. I'm married and have the two most wonderful kids ever! I've tried just about every fad diet out there and they never work or have lasting results. I think I am finally at the point in my life where I am ready to make lifestyle changes and do it the right way. I've finally gotten past the idea of loosing 10 pounds a week and seeing immediate results. I know that as long as i start feeling better that is what is important.

I hope we can all stick together in this! Good luck everyone.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm with you Wendalin! My main goal for this month is to "feel better."
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    That is an awesome place to start and you will definitely feel better. It is amazing how treating our bodies with the tender loving care that it deserves results in feeling good body and mind.

Keep smiling :smile:
  • sme1985
    sme1985 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm very excited about being apart of this challenge! I think it's great and really inspires and motivates me :) Thanks for the Daily Mini Challenges, I like them!

Good luck Everyone!!!!
  • sme1985
    sme1985 Posts: 16
    Options
    Oh yes, a little about myself. . .

I'm married to my incredible husband who has served our country in the U.S. Navy for, currently ,12 years now. As well as, I'm a mother to a beautiful and happy 7 month old daughter. :) I'm also an Independent Consultant for Tastefully Simple and going to school full time for Child Development. Originally from MN but currently live in CA.
    Right now I'm dealing with a few medical conditions that are, unfortunately, leaving me less active than usual.; I have a severely rotated pelvis and bulging disc in my lower back., but it's not keeping me from doing the best I can everyday and staying healthy. I, otherwise, have always lived a very active lifestyle and love being outdoors; I enjoy walking, biking, dancing, running, yoga and water sports (kneeboarding is a fav!) I also enjoy drinking wine, going to church, love coffee (no creamer or sugar, just a regular coffee, please!) reading books, not related to school, and taking pictures.
    I look forward to walking through this journey with all of you and coming out of it feeling and looking refreshed, healthier, and stronger! :-)
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm excited about the challenge!!! Good Luck to everyone!! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    HAPPY TUESDAY MORNING TO ALL!!!!

How did everybody do with the challenge yesterday???

Tuesday Mini Challenge:

Food - Keep your carbohydrates below set goal. Try to make sure you are eating good carbohydrates (fruit, whole wheat etc)
    Cardio - Take the stairs instead of the elevator or park a good distance away from set location.
    Strength - Do 50 squats. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKKZ9AGYTi4. I do 10 every time I go to the washroom.
    Emotional - We all have comfort food. Try to go all day without the one thing you think you can't do without. For me it is cream in my Tim Horton's coffee. I am going to change to milk (way less calories). This one will be tough.

Good Luck and have a super day.

Keep smiling :smile: :smile:
    Donna
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be nice if everbody writes a bit of themselves.

I missed this part so I will catch up now.

I am a 40 year old married mom of 3 girls (23 & 14 yr twins). I have been holding on to the baby weight from my twins for WAY to long. I come from a family of eaters! It was a final desicion to lose weight when I saw pictures of myself after a concert. It was so cool I got a picture with each member of my favorite local band, I looked HUGE! I also have been having trouble with my knee and everytime I say something to the Dr he tells me if I lose weight it will take some of the pressure off my knee and it will feel better. So I am on MFP for vanity and health reasons. I tend to be a lazy person and will just sit around on the computer. So my first step in this jouney was to give up my facebook games, I could be on the computer for hours playing those. I have an in-home daycare so it was very easy to spend their quiet time (2hrs+) on the computer in the playroom. My evenings and weekends are usually pretty busy with my 2 teenagers who are in Girl Scouts (I am a co-leader), zumba 2-3 times a week, church and a partime job at Walgreens. I think I covered it all and all I am a pretty boring person.
  • heathermckillop
    heathermckillop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My sharing...I'm Heather. Married to ed for a little over 3 years now. No kids of own my own but I'm a high school teacher so have loads of everyone else's kids :) I teach religious education and philosophy. I live in glasgow, Scotland so I'm probably on a different time path from lots of you. I came back from California in august and had put on 7lbs. Far too heavy for my size. Using mfp to take me under my pre holiday weight. :)
  • tammihart
    Options

Tuesday Mini Challenge:

Food - Keep your carbohydrates below set goal. Try to make sure you are eating good carbohydrates (fruit, whole wheat etc)
    Cardio - Take the stairs instead of the elevator or park a good distance away from set location.
    Strength - Do 50 squats. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKKZ9AGYTi4. I do 10 every time I go to the washroom.
    Emotional - We all have comfort food. Try to go all day without the one thing you think you can't do without. For me it is cream in my Tim Horton's coffee. I am going to change to milk (way less calories). This one will be tough.

Donna

Food- kept my carbs down:smile:
    Cardio- parked in the back at zumba (but its not a big lot ):wink:
    Strength- did my squats:smile:
    Emotional- I ate my chocolate:ohwell:
    So not bad!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options

Tuesday Mini Challenge:

Donna

I think I've got 3 out of 4. Carbs are below; did squats in my workout today and didn't eat any comfort food. Helps that I don't keep it in the house (cookie dough ice cream). I didn't take the stairs but I parked on the other side of the lot like I normally do.:bigsmile:
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. The mini Challenges are so Nice and i think i have Done everything. but yeesterday night i had a littleFight with my husban and so i endet up Rating about 4. Tsbs nutella. i fehlt so Sick this Morning. i hatte emotional eating. I really have to stop it. So Today it have a Bad start but Hey just can get better (hopefully)
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    How did everybody do with the mini challenge yesterday. For me:

Food - Carbohydrates below
    Cardio - Walked briskly while watching the Biggest Loser
    Strength - 50+ squats and legs are mighty sore today.
    Emotion - Managed to drink my coffee without the cream. Discovered Chapman Dutch Chocolate frozen yogurt and it will make any bad day better. It is delicious and only 90 calories and 16 carbs.
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    me want in
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Happy Hump Day,

Wednesday's Mini Challenge:

Food - try to eat one extra vegetable today.
    Cardio - No matter how much your husband tells you that the couch is floating and needs to be held down, tonight while you are watching your favourite show, walk briskly in place. Believe me he will look at you, like you have three legs but you will feel amazing when you are done.
    Strength - Let's give the lower half of our bodies a rest today and do some overhead tricep curls. If you don't have dumb bells use soup cans, or milk jugs etc. Let's try for 5 sets of 10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRiJVZDpdL0&feature=related
    Emotional - Throughout this journey some are lucky enough to have somebody close to them to join and support them. I have gone through this journey alone but have used the support of many people at mfp to help me along the way. I challenge everybody to add a new friend and reach out and say how's your journey going?

Have a great day and keep smiling :smile: :wink: :smile:

Donna
  • ABetterBalance
    Options

Cardio - No matter how much your husband tells you that the couch is floating and needs to be held down, tonight while you are watching your favourite show, walk briskly in place. Believe me he will look at you, like you have three legs but you will feel amazing when you are done.
    Strength - Let's give the lower half of our bodies a rest today and do some overhead tricep curls. If you don't have dumb bells use soup cans, or milk jugs etc. Let's try for 5 sets of 10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRiJVZDpdL0&feature=related
    Emotional - Throughout this journey some are lucky enough to have somebody close to them to join and support them. I have gone through this journey alone but have used the support of many people at mfp to help me along the way. I challenge everybody to add a new friend and reach out and say how's your journey going?

I keep forgetting to check in!

Food- wish I checked this morning- I got plenty of extra fruit in. Although, we're planning on a salad for dinner (not something I normally do) so maybe that counts!
    Cardio- does treadmill while watching TV count? Cause I can do that! :wink:
    Strength- Adding triceps in to my kettlebell routine tonight
    Emotional- guess I shuold get on this one!
  • tammihart
    Options
    Happy Hump Day,

Donna

Food- No new veggie (I had no time for a store run today)
    Cardio- How about I left him on the couch and walked to church. I think that counts.
    Strength- Adding them to my knee exercises tonight.
    Emotional- I added 3

Not bad!
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm finally getting to write about myself.....I'm Suzie, and I'm 27 years old. I moved from Ohio in with my boyfriend in Indiana just over a year ago, got a desperate office job, and that's when I gained weight. He is twice the size of me and I find myself eating things I would never eat by myself, and watching waaayyyy more tv when I'm with him. So my biggest goal is getting back to finding myself again. I'm not fat, per say, but I'm finally at the point where I want to be healthy, not necessarily super skinny. So......add me! :-)
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day,

Donna

I was so busy today didn't get to check the board. Well, not so good with veggie today - 1 serving. As for the cardio, I walked to my dvd while the hubby did elliptical. So guess that one is not met. Probably did the tricep curls with my walking routine. Emotional - Hmm ok, I'll add a new freind. Can never have enough of them!:bigsmile: