Need a new challenge...

Options
I recently just made it to my 1 year of being soda free!

This started out as a challenge for myself to see if I could make it 1 month, then 2 months, then 6 months, then a year. I plan on continuing this to 2..3..4..years etc.....

I am now in need of a new challenge. I thought about chocolate, since I am addicted to chocolate, but thinking about having no chocolate makes me sad.....

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a challenge??

Replies

• rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I have to say that is really a great Challenge rhenry2424. Congratulations on your journey and commitment on not drinking soda for a year. I would have to say mine is drinking coffe and tea. I am drinking about 130 oz of water a day. There are so many things that I need to remove from my life that could a great challenge. Pleasure to meet you, I'm Robert
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I gave up chocolate and soda at the same time. It was extremely hard. Now I'm working on coffee.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Congrats on the landmark.

I had a 2 can of Cola per day habit. This varied depending on accessibility.

6 months ago I went cold turkey on it.

I now control it rather than it controlling me. Yes, I have it again, but only when I want to.

I am not saying it is your thing to go back to it, but just to share with you about what is working for me.

Essentially, I haven't given up anything I don't want to. I knew I drank too much Cola and the Dr said to back right off.

He has not told me to stop chocolate, so did you get similar advice ?

Anyway, it is not my place to judge as we are all on our own path, but just to offer a suggestion.

If the chocolate you love is not bad for you, just keep entering it into MFP diary and make sure you are getting the right balance.

Cheering you on as you head to your goal.

Gary
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda & coffee. Don't even miss them. Once in awhile I will have a sip of my husbands ice coffee or soda & I am good again.

My new challenge is to transition from walking to running. Today was my first day in which I alternated between walking & jogging. Maybe you could try a physical challenge as well.

Also, would like to give a shout out to BOOKWORM for giving up chocolate. That is my one vice!!!